Our mobile network is evolving.

Options

Comments

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,758 ✭✭
    Options

Honestly, I can't really find something that my pixel 4xl doesn't do well... I'm gonna swap the battery when this one is fried and I will be good for other 2 years at least I believe

• Caroline T. #19854
    Caroline T. #19854 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Will this be available soon??? It's been a year. Thanks

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

We all would like to know that... no news on the deadline

• jogoyo
    jogoyo Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Awesome, its about time!

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭
    Options
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

They should have finished already... let's see if by the end of the summer they manage to complete the transition

• kingTheod
    kingTheod Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Options

hi there

got this message in my online account, inviting me to order a voLTE compatible SIM card (mine is not)

1/ does this cost me something or is it free of charge ?

2/ am I supposed to receive an email or Fizz only post detail in my account ?

3/ my phone is Volte certified (listed here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices#3%20%C2%A0) so it should be working fine. have you experienced some concerns after changing your SIM card ? (phone calls / data plan unavailable ..?)

thx for your feedback

• AK20230110
    Options

@kingTheod

Congratulations,

Looks like you got your invitation. Preceded with ordering your FREE VoLTE compatible SIM card...

For the mobile members who currently do NOT have a SIM card with a red lightning bolt, Fizz will make sure that each of them gets a FREE VoLTE compatible SIM card.

• If you are one of these members, you'll receive an email invitation to order your free VoLTE compatible SIM card. Important: Invitations will be sent out in batches over several months, so no worries if you don’t get yours right away. 
    • Once ordered, allow approximately two weeks to receive your new SIM card by mail, along with the instructions to associate it with your Fizz mobile plan.
    • Good to know: To see the confirmation of your SIM card order, go under My parameters > Transaction history > All transactions.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Hi kingTheod,

it's free of charge!

You could have some issue after changing sim card but nothing that customer service cannot resolve...

Enjoy you high quality calls through VoLTE!

• Gilles L. 26466
    Gilles L. 26466 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I was NEVER advised by email of this change! I do not have time to read the blogs! I have been a loyal FIZZ subscriber for many years and have had the Canada/USA plan since the start. I rarely use the phone in the U.S. as I have a U.S. phone.

That mentioned, 3 days ago, I was in upstate NY and expecting a very important call! Of course, I missed the call and could NOT return it! I was LIVID! When I returned home, I spent 3 hours waiting for a Human to give me answers! I was told that "Fizz would eventually send me a voLTE card (when they felt like it ...) and IF it was urgent to go to a Dépanneur chain where I could simply purchase a voLTE SIM card and get it reimbursed by FIZZ.

However, when I did a little reading, I discovered that not all Dépanneur SIM cards were voLTE! And to find out, one had to OPEN the packaging - which every Dépanneur refused! A great system!

So yesterday I bought one and discovered that it was the correct type, only after ANOTHER 3 hour wait for a Human! One we got that sorted out, I was offered to get it activated by the Human, which I thought was good.

My mood quickly went back to LIVID when, already logged-in with my username & password, I was asked for "security reasons" to hand-in 2 pieces of photo ID, like my driver's licence and Québec health card. THIS IS ILLEGAL, PERIOD! I mentioned this to the Human in no uncertain terms and it was like talking to a BRICK! The Québec Highway Safety Code AND the Régie de l'Assurance-maladie du Québec strictly PROHIBIT that anyone not DIRECTLY connected with the application of these CANNOT REQUIRE THEM NOR RECORD THEM! In fact the Régie even has a penalty of up to $15,000 for illegal use!

Unfortunately, my arguments went nowhere just like a brick! So I lodged a complaint with FIZZ and am waiting for some response! I plan to send a "Mise-en-demeure" to FIZZ and request a refund for the time I have been paying for this service and have been unable to use it! Others who are in the same situation may want to do the same!

Oh and my new SIM card is on the "Activate" website but at a 30% increase on my monthly fee!!

NOT GOOD BUSINESS FIZZ!!!

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,191 ✭✭
    Options

Please make sure that you have a VoLTE certified phone. I have the VoLTE sim but since my phone is not on the Certified list, I couldn't use it for VoLTE calls in Upstate New York, only data.

• buggggerMan
    buggggerMan Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks! Got mine for free. Waiting it arrive to activate 😎

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Great! If you will have issue with the activation contact right away the customer support

• kingTheod
    Options

ok thx for your feedback folks!

so i'm going to order it.

then next step, i should receive the new fizz card within 2 weeks.

do i have to interact with someone, or it is straightforward and simply have to follow instructions provided by fizz ?

thx

👑

• AK20230110
    Options

Yes, you should expect the card to arrive in 2-5 business days after placing the order!

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

quite straightforward if everything works rightaway

• kingTheod
    Options

again me ! 😅

got an email from fizz telling me my order is ok ✅

got an email from fizz telling me i should activate my sim card !? 🤕

i've just ordered it 3 days ago. 🤨

i expect to activate it online once i get the new sim card, right ? 😕

you order, you wait for the new sim card and then you activate online ? 🤔

thx

👑

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

You will find all the instruction along with the sim card... you have an activation code coming with the card that you have to use when you activate it. Then you switch sim cards when you have no service on the old one... that's it!

• Windman1961
    Windman1961 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Options

I have a Samsung A21s and I join in august 2021.

I know my phone is Volte compatible because while in the USA I had a tello card and I could see it was activated as Volte

• Jeremy P. #2453
    Jeremy P. #2453 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Good news!

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

Got it! Did Fizz certified your phone? Have you ever tried putting your sim card in another phone that has been certified by Fizz already?

• Francis V. #452
    Francis V. #452 Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Options

Been receiving some text messages twice or extremely late in group chats since I made the switch. Usually happens if one of the member has android. Kind of a bummer

• Matt Smyth
    Matt Smyth Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

I have a lot of problem with data over LTE when the power goes out and in crowded areas like Calypso water park. Phone and text work fine. Am I also going to have issue with voice and text when I switch to VoLTE?

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    Options

Good subject. Thanks a lot.

• BullishCorreia
    BullishCorreia Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Is anybody else having some issues when trying to send sms in the Gatineau region? It often fails to do so and when it works, it usually takes between 5 to 10 minutes to send. Interestingly enough, I don't have issues receiving them...

• kingTheod
    Options

2 weeks later.

still waiting for my new fizz Volte certified sim card.... should i start to worry ?

🥺

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    Options

Great news! Thanks a lot!

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options

You don't seem to be the only one... I'm reading of several users reporting delays for the delivery of volte sim cards... I would wait another week

• kingTheod
    edited July 2023
    Options

finally ! 😀

Got my SIM TODAY in my mailbox

I chatted with the fizz support team and suggested to buy one at a store or online and then request a refund

Just wait folks you need to wait longer than expected...2 to 3 weeks

👑

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options
  • kingTheod
    edited July 2023
    Options

now....having issue to activate It !!!

followed basic instruction.....old sim should deactivate after "few minutes"

been waiting for 20 min...nothing happen...

do you have to enter the new sim volte certified activation code ?

went to activate page into my account, after clicking, said replace with new card.

instructions received by mail with the sim "wait for few minutes" but nothing happen !

i even inserted new sim but nothing, not registered..

😣

• kingTheod
    Options

2h later......NOTHING !

trying to reach out support team ....

very disappointed what is labelled as straightforward and easy seems another nightmare 😥😥

• kingTheod
    edited July 2023
    Options

the drama is over !!

after dealing with thru chat. everything has been fixed

had to provide ID (driving licence, masked sensitive data, they need your address) and copy of credit card....of course only last 4 digit and expiration (everything else must be masked or cut as i did)

i hope u wont have to go thru this disaster !!

🤯😪🤬

• AK20230110
    Options
  • FizzyFizz JQMPM
    Options
  • Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Options

Do we have to switch?

• Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Options

To volte???

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,450 ✭✭
    Options

This is completely unrelated to this topic. You can check it out tomorrow or later, hopefully it will be available soon.

• NicolasA
    NicolasA Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

No issues on my side for VoLTE.

• wonder
    wonder Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Options
    What app is that? That's pretty cool!

> @ah727 said:
    > @EricPD
    > That's what I thought, but it's more a Videotron issue. My wife has a LG K61 phone with Videotron (Videotron has VoLTE), and it's the same pattern: 3G (no HSPA), but the top status network icon displays 4G, same as my Samsung A52 5G with Fizz. That adds to the confusion of whether call is VoLTE or not.
    > Fizz with Samsung A52 5G (FizzExt because automatic selection of stronger signal - Fizz was too weak)
    >
    > Videotron with LG K61: 3G signal, but 4G network status.
  • jiyingss
    jiyingss Posts: 915 ✭✭
    Options

Sounds good! Thanks.

• jiyingss
    Options

I changed the old SIM card for the new one with a thunder sign. But looks like VoLTE is still not functioning. It's H+, the signal shows. Maybe because my phone makes this problem?

• jiyingss
    Options

Hi JC7,

I have several phones like Iphone 11, Redmi 11t pro and Motorola Edge S100. Sould I configure my phone setting to setup the sever not Videotron but Fizz?

Thanks

• A17
    A17 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭
    Options

With a a VoLTE certified phone only...

• JC7
    JC7 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options

You will have issues with phones that are not on Fizz list...

• jiyingss
    Options

Okay, I am having issues now as you said, but nothing major. Thanks !

• jiyingss
    Options

If I need to use VoLTE, I will switch the SIM card to my iphone

• JC7
    JC7 Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Options

Yes the Iphone 11 should not have any restrictions