Does Fizz Ever Have Sales on Phones?

Eazy_M
Eazy_M Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Break Room

I was planning to switch to Fizz this month and was waiting to see if they were doing anything for Black Friday. I just saw that the referral bonus is double for the month of November (Yay!), but I was planning to buy a new phone as well (Pixel 6a) and was wondering if it was worth waiting a few weeks to see if the price goes on sale at all?

That said part of me is thinking that even if some phones do go on sale that the 6a won't given it's only a few months old.

Best Answers

• SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I just I got a 75$ discount on my new phone. My girlfriend got a 50$ discount.

discount perks are based on your level.

I wonder if they are transferable…

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Eazy_M ,

Glad to hear that you are interested in purchasing a phone from Fizz!

For the moment there are no available discounts, but quite often Fizz launches multiple discounts, or even gifts perks as our friends stated earlier on this thread, which can allow quite a hefty amount to be discounted for a mobile phone of your desire.

What I can suggest, is to keep a look from time to time, each month on the Fizz website to check what available offers are there.

What I would like to add is that you must have a plan active for 24 months, once you receive ( get delivered ) the phone with us, else you will have to pay the discount back.

If you stay only a few months, then you just have to give the pro-rate back on the discount.

More details can be found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

Thank you for your understanding and interest once again!

Have a good one,

Raul :)

Answers

• SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭

I like how this initiative runs counter to what you usually see in the phone business in Canada. Usually new customers get the best deal and the existing ones get nothing.

i like that change.

• MoYe
    MoYe Posts: 655 ✭✭

i was pleasantly surprised when i received 100$ for a new phone . might pick the iphone 14 pro max 🤔

• Eazy_M
    Eazy_M Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Ahh I see, thank you for the answers.

So I take it they never do general price reductions on phones, any "sale" is just a perk for each account?

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭

Fizz has always phones on sale. You just have to check. Easy.

• BEBE
    BEBE Posts: 128 ✭✭

Great deals on pre-loved ones.

• magic_channel
    magic_channel Posts: 107 ✭✭

A53, A13 amazing cheap phones.

• Roxinie
    Roxinie Posts: 24 ✭✭

Yes, either perks in dollars, in data or a free month that what I got for mine,

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

Not really like sales, but some times they just gave some perks that can decrease the price of a phone, like a 50$ off and soo on.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

Fizz has always phones on sale

• Michael P. 8945
    Michael P. 8945 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited February 2023

Excellent deals a few weeks ago on the Google phones .. deal is finished though unfortunately ..

But I'm going to make sure to watch for it again

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,584 ✭✭

There are always sales on the website. The waive a big chunk of the MSRP of some phones if you stay with them for 24 months. However, conversely to other carrier, you can change your plan as much as you want and pay the phone right away or in just 4 installments with paybright

• Chickencoop
    Chickencoop Posts: 60 ✭✭

Have you guys actually bought mobile phones that are by far cheaper than they should be. I want to buy an iPhone, but man they are expensive

• Telephono
    Telephono Posts: 35 ✭✭

Google Pixel sale is back on right now.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

Thx for the info

• Faelirya
    Faelirya Posts: 425 ✭✭

Yeah Fizz do

I got the same discount at Best Buy when I showed them the price of the phone I wanted of Fizz. I don't know if they still do

• Derr

we would need to verify

• FizzyFizz JQMPM

If you plan to stay with Fizz for at least 2 years buying through them could be quite advantageous! Preloved phones sometimes have also very good prices

• Claude J. #27154
    Claude J. #27154 Posts: 146 ✭✭

I'd love to see some smartphone case with fizz thematic or maybe just sticker or leashes

• Derr

Yeah good idea

• Derr

Yes hopefully

• FizzyFizz JQMPM

Would you buy a green fizz-branded cover? I'm not sure honestly... Maybe some stickers

• Derr

Yeah, you may be right ;-)

• Gabriel P. #10330
    Gabriel P. #10330 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Sure they do. Just got a brand new Pixel 7 Pro for $719. They are essentially doubling the current rebate offered by Google. Combine that with 0% financing over 24 months, and that's currently one of the best deal out there for a 7 Pro - if you don't care for 5G.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM

Yeah, that's great! Only drawback is that you have to stay with Fizz for 24 months otherwise you pay MSRP

• Derr

Still a good deal

This discussion has been closed.