Change your Internet plan while it’s time (extended) 🙉

Whizz
Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin

Updated: July 15th

Hi everyone, 

Word has been getting around but just to make sure, we figured best to post it here as well. 

Until July 30, the 120 Mbps Home Internet plan is offered for only $50/month. 

As a Fizz member, you have access to any new price that comes out. So, if paying $50/month for the 120 Mbps plan suits you (and your wallet), all you have to do is change your Home Internet plan to enjoy it. Just make sure your plan change is made in accordance with the plan change policy so you don’t miss the boat.  

Have a great weekend 😊  

The Fizz team

Comments

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

Already done thanks to tell it at so many place like here, by mais on your Facebook, etc.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

I signed up a second internet account too! Thanks for always improving Fizz !

• PapaTro11
    PapaTro11 Posts: 1 ✭✭

I think I could drop a big THANK YOU on behalf of all the users out there! Definitely, a breath of fresh air when all other providers are trying to hike up prices due to various BS reasons. Keep it up and stay true to your core values!

✔️ First message on here! :)

• Mathieu P. 80136
    Mathieu P. 80136 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Good news! Is it a limited duration plan? Like a 1year or so... or its for life?

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

It's until you change your plan again or Fizz increase rates (which only happened once if I'm not mistaken and when if they do they warn you a month in advance).

• skullz
    skullz Posts: 3 ✭✭

Looking into changing but i'm currently with fiber (dsl) and was wondering if the self-installation includes the technician changing the cables or do I need the vip installation?

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

The coaxial cable from the exterior up to the Fizz modem is included with every free installation.

The technician will verify the current cable wiring and install new wiring as needed.

The extra steps/difference with the VIP installation is that the technician will unbox the modem for you, plug in the power cord & coaxial cable and make sure the modem connects online & updates the firmware as needed.

You can choose the self-installation if you are comfortable with these instructions from Fizz: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem

Welcome to Fizz!

• Roger T. #22920
    Roger T. #22920 Posts: 1 ✭✭

If i upgrade my plan for 120 mbps i lose my reward. I have 3 rewards on my account?

• Fizzy

Feel free to upgrade or change your plan as needed. Once you have unlocked the rewards, your 3 upgrade rewards will remain active even after changing your plan. So yes you can change your plan and you will continue to receive your rewards at each renewal.

"An upgrade is a long-term reward that boosts your plan every month, like additional mobile data or a monthly rebate on the price of your Home Internet plan." More info here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program

• Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 494 ✭✭

Great!

Thank Fizz!

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Speed up to 120 or not, there is no try 👽️

• amandaH
    amandaH Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi,

My internet plan payment starts on June 20. I wanted to change to the 120mbps but I get an error message saying i need to change it on the 20th. If I change the plan tomorrow it will come into effect only on July 20th? If so, then I am unable to take advantage of the special because it will expire on July 15.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin

Hello amandaH,

The plan change can only be made before the last 48 hours until the plan renews. 
    Here you can find more information about this: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-would-like-to-change-my-fizz-home-internet-plan-how-do-i-do-this
    Rest assured if you make the plan change before July 15th you will still benefit from the special price. 
    Also, after making the plan change the new speed should be applied in a maximum of 48 hours. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hello,

More speed more! But I prefere to pay less 😀

Good day

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 109 ✭✭

Does anyone know details regarding the “traffic management policy” disclaimer? I don’t consider my household to use excessive bandwidth, but the pandemic has meant that both parents are working from home (Zoom calls, etc) and both kids get far more plugged-in time (YouTube, etc) than ever before. I’m wondering what would happen to my upload speed if congestion were to occur and Fizz imposed this lower priority rating to my connection. By the sounds of it, other members would continue to receive their full speed and I would have whatever is left, potentially leaving me with significantly less speed than them, correct?

Or has this disclaimer always been there (ie: same policy irrelevant whether a client is on the new or old 120Mbps service) ???

• Carl S. #15905
    Carl S. #15905 Posts: 1 ✭✭

I can't change my Internet plan and more importantly, my payment method as a changed my credit card. I keep receiving an error message that the page can't open. IS it possible to talk to a human being about this?

• Frederic M. 76562
    Frederic M. 76562 Posts: 13 ✭✭

Thanks !

• Thierry C. #38944
    Thierry C. #38944 Posts: 225 ✭✭

How much is usually for 120mbps? 😮

And hypothetically, for those who had 120mpbs do they automatically take advantage of this new price or do they have to "change" their 120mpbs plan for this new 120mbps plan?

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

Great. Thanks.

• DGD
    DGD Posts: 1 ✭✭

If I were to create an order for a new internet connection under this offer but it would only be connected after July 15th, would I still be retaining this promotional rate once the service is connected?

Thank you!

• Panagiotis A.
    Panagiotis A. Posts: 18 ✭✭

Wonderful deals!! Thank you Fizz!

• Pibrac
    Pibrac Posts: 12 ✭✭

Same price as 60 mbit/s, oh yeah!

• Alxz
    Alxz Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hi,

Question for FIZZ and may be some one how has the same issues:

My previous plan was 60 Mpbs, so my bill before the change was $48 CAD (+ tax = $55.19)...

Got my plan changed from 60 Mpbs to 120 Mpbs couple days ago. The new bill states as subtotal $50 CAD (+tax = $57.49);

However, before the change, I had my $2 CAD discounts active (my upgrades: $1+$1), and also I was expecting to get activated $1 more in June-2021 (which is today seen as active, so in total = $3 CAD).

Despite of these Upgrades ($3) I've got this bill of $57.49. WHY ???

$57.49 vs $55.19 despite of the advertised prices not to be changed... Bad math?

Please comment/advise

Thank you!

• FredQC
    FredQC Posts: 1 ✭✭

I switched 2 days ago to the 120/20 plan and yet my download speed is still 60 and upload still stuck at 10, my plan even shows 120, so... ...who should I call to get this fixed ?

• Dustin_27103
    Dustin_27103 Posts: 191 ✭✭

How long will it last ?

Hope it's forever !!

• Choco
    Choco Posts: 5 ✭✭

So, The change from 60/10 to 120/20 was apparently switch as of today. Even states it in my account, yet my speed is still at 60/10. Is there any way to fix this or am I a sitting duck waiting until it actually changes?

If anyone can kindly help me out

Thanks

• MTeasdale
    MTeasdale Posts: 137 ✭✭

Did you try testing the connexion speed over wifi or wired connection? Sometimes you will not get full speed on wifi.

• Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭

Whew, I'm so glad I locked the beta tester price more than a year ago!

• Choco

I did a wired and wireless connection both stated the same speed 60/10

• Choco

I reset my router, unplugged the wired connection re-plugged it. Checked to see if the wire is faulty which it isn't. Speed is the same.

• Choco
    edited June 2021

So I get a reply from Koodo over Facebook Messenger. A copied and pasted one stating it will take 24/48 hours from the beginning of your cycle for the changes to occur. This is for those who switched to 120/20 and wondering why you haven't received the actual speed yet.

• TiffanyC
    TiffanyC Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

Just wanted to be sure, regarding the 120 mbps for 50$ a month, do we need to activate this plan before July 15th or can we simply purchase the plan and then activate it at a later date?

Sincerely,

Tiffany

• Fizzy

Hi TiffanyC,

In the case of home internet, you need to sign-up by July 15th 2021 for a future installation. During the sign-up, you will be asked to enter your service address, select your installation date and register a credit card to pay for the first month of service.

Also if you are a new customer, be sure to use a referral code to receive your $75 credit from Fizz. This bonus is also valid until July 15th 2021.

If you need a referral code, there is a list here: https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2198337/this-is-the-place-for-your-referral-codes-here-and-only-here/

To be transparent, both parties will receive the bonus credit once you have paid your second bill.

Welcome to Fizz!

• DeltaMike
    DeltaMike Posts: 1 ✭✭

Same here. I can barely reach 50 mbps over wifi and 80ish over a wired connection. Not quite the 120 mbps that was advertised.

• Princessa
    Princessa Posts: 60 ✭✭

This is amazing news!

• Princessa
    Princessa Posts: 60 ✭✭

thank you for sharing :)

• blix
    blix Posts: 12 ✭✭

Contact them via chat. I had the same thing happen to me. They credited my account within a few days with the missing discount and the next month's bill was the correct price!

• blix
    blix Posts: 12 ✭✭

Same thing happened to me.. you need to contact them via chat. They will do a reset on their end. Took a couple of days for me.

• City
    City Posts: 2 ✭✭

I did open an account as a new member to get the promotion and now the installer didnt event show up, without notice or rescheduling.... I work from home and its july 3rd. Its a deceiving start off from a new custumer 😒

• siham L.
    siham L. Posts: 2 ✭✭

bonjour svp , j'ai un compte avec fizz j'utilise l'internet et ma mere a un compte avec fizz pour le forfait mobile , moi je veux transférer mon compte pour ma mere comme ca , elle va avoir les deux sur son compte , je ne sais pas comment faire "

ps: nous habitons ensemble.

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
  • Ralph P. #33564
    Ralph P. #33564 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Salut,

Je ne crois pas que ce sera possible. Je penche pour croire que tu devras annuler ton abonnement internet et qu'elle s'abonne à nouveau sous son nom.

• Arielle C. #24246
    Arielle C. #24246 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Bonjour jai fait le changement dans mon compte pour le 120 a 50$ jai eu le couriel de comfirmation mais mon entente de service na pas ete changer et il disais sur le couriel que le tout serais effectif des le 10 juillet et aucun changement na eu lieux dans mon compte quoi faire

• Aleksander
    Aleksander Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've had nothing but problems in the form of consistent, frustrating disconnects in the early AM after switching to this plan. It's a great price, but nowhere near worth the frustration. A technician was scheduled to come by, but never did, with zero notice of cancellation. That's after arguing with multiple disinterested customer support representatives about there even being a problem that needs to be fixed.

Fizz treats its customers way worse than any other ISP I've been with. In my personal experience, you shouldn't waste your time, money or patience on this company.

• Dave_17
    Dave_17 Posts: 24 ✭✭

Wow!! Thanks Fizz!

• Sh4wn
    Sh4wn Posts: 5 ✭✭

Sweet!

• ld0125
    ld0125 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I used the discount and it's pretty sweet !

This discussion has been closed.