RCS is now live on my phone! Is it officially launched?

Options
Domenico C. #4571
Domenico C. #4571 Posts: 27 ✭✭

I opened my Android Messages app a few minutes ago and it asked me if I wanted to enable Chat features (aka RCS). It is now active on my phone and I can see the features working with my wife's phone (she is not on Fizz and has had RCS for some time). My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Anyone else getting RCS activated?

Best Answer

• Domenico C. #4571
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, I've been checking in on this topic for awhile, and Google disabled, awhile back, the hack that allowed users to bypass their providers and use Google's RCS servers. So, I assume this must be official from Fizz. If you get a chance, try the official Google Messages app and see if RCS gets enabled automatically.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

Answers

• Nicolas_R
    Nicolas_R Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options

I don't think it's officially launched by Fizz. More like it's simply available through Google. I use a different messages app and I still don't have RCS.

Hope to see RCS activated soon by fizz. It's been a while since other providers got it now.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

I dont no if it official but i dont see news about it so i tend to think its not. But maybe im wrong and tomorrow will be the official reveal :)

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I've read on Fizz that post : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-rcs-messaging-android-phones

With that, I assume the RCS are available from Fizz.

But to be sure, you can try to ask @Whizz to have the right answer.

Good Luck!

• Dgjf
    Options

Ho your right Justin thanks its seem pretty official my bad :)

• Domenico C. #4571
    Options

@Justin That post has been on Fizz's site since at least November 2020. I posted about it then:

https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2525615/is-rcs-support-now-available-on-fizz#latest

• Dgjf
    Options

Its strange so it official ? In beta test or its only work with a number of parameter ?

• Dgjf
    Options

Its strange so it official ? In beta test or its only work with a number of parameter ?

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I believe I read somewhere, that Google can enable it from their side as well and would do so if phone providers do't change it themselves. Sl maybe that's what happened for you?

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

I got the notification this morning. So check it out, it's the Google message App.

In the French forum, some Fizz clients to successfully tried already.

• Domenico C. #4571
    Options

@idéfizz I saw the thread on the French forum. Looks like it's rolling out to many users. I'll assume it's officially rolling out. Thanks!

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Options

Hi friends,

I was using it on my phone like day by day, didn't realize that is something new... works perfect.

• Kyle C. #853
    Kyle C. #853 Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options

RCS seems to be working on my phone too. activated around March 3 or 4. sadly I only have 2 or 3 contacts who i can use it with :(.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options
  • StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I think Google said they would enable it on their end. Many carriers in the us were reluctant to come onboard so they started to enable it themselves.

I wish that Apple would just open iMessage to everyone.

• cristi
    cristi Posts: 223 ✭✭
    Options

Its Google app supports RCS

This discussion has been closed.