Telegram and Webtoon media occasionally doesn't load or load super slow over Fizz Home Internet

Vital350
Vital350 Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited July 16 in Internet

Telegram and Webtoon media occasionally doesn't load or loads super slow over Fizz Home Internet from multiple devices, and after switching to Fizz LTE all works. Did anybody have this issue before? Fizz support told to reset modem and disable 2.4gz, what was made, but nothing changed. All speedtests shows 450/50 at that time. Telegram support is not answering at all.

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 838 ✭✭

does this happen over ethernet as well? Sometimes it might be error on the website as well. Try again later and see if gets better.

• Vital350
    edited July 15

That is over wifi, no possibility to test over ethernet (don't have any device except tv with it).

That issue appears for 2 weeks during different time, I am switching on mobile Fizz and all works immediately.

Also Fizz refuses to send another modem, they just keep saying go to Telegram and Webtoon supports… but they are different companies… even from different countries.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭

No issues with Telegram for me

• Vital350

From Home Internet?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭

From both home and mobile internet - no issues

• wenhan

your wifi speed test is 450/50 when it doesnt load? I would suspect it's an issue with your wifi as the Fizz modem/router isn't very good. but if you tested such high speeds when it's not working then likely the issue isnt the wifi. If it was just one device then seems like a setting with that particular device but if all devices experience it then I'm not sure. What you describe sounds like a temp slow down of the internet but the high speed test result is confusing me…

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭

It could be due to many factors, some online users report that they Telegram Premium members get priority on web traffic so that could be the case and not on the fault of Fizz.

• Vital350

Tested on 3 devices: Macbook Pro M1, Pixel 6 and Galaxy A52. All of them has the same issue over Fizz Home Wifi. If I am switching Pixel 6 to Fizz Mobile LTE from Wifi It loads all great. Same on Galaxy A52 switching there to Fido LTE from Wifi and all works.

It is not Telegram issue cause if work flawlessly over same Fizz Mobile network.

• Vital350

Speed is 450/50, but it is with common services like Google or Netflix (test with their servers), however Telegram don't have speedtest to their servers.

• wenhan

can you reset the modem? maybe there is something in the setting that is throttling the site. also do you have a separate router? test the wifi from there if you have one

• Vital350

Fizz support already told me to reset modem, made that and it did not help. Also they told me to try to disable 2.4ghz network inside modem settings which also did not help.

Unfortunately, I have no another wifi router to test.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,502 admin

Hello Vital350  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

I verified your modem`s signals and while some signals were quite off in the modem`s history, the issue appears to have been remedied.

What I can try to recommend is to run a network scan also from your side using the Fizz WiFi app : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-wi-fi-technologies-used-fizz

To begin troubleshooting, take these steps:
    Place yourself near to your modem.
    Open the Fizz Wi-Fi app in Overview and press the three dots in the upper right corner to access the application menu.

Select More
    Select "Fizz support"
    ►Tap "Tools and support"

Follow the instructions and grant all permissions until you reach the feature page, at which point you should click on Network Scan. Allow the 2-minute scan to complete (do not dismiss the program or try to see messages or notifications during this time).

Check what the app has to say and reach our customer service once again so they can check the scan details.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.