Will my phone work if I buy data for the USA

Oindo
Oindo Posts: 13 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a VoLTE certified phone with a VoLTE SIM. I have seen conflicting posts on whether phones using FIZZ will work in the USA. Can anybody confirm that this will work? I don't want to have to waste money on adding funds to my wallet or buying data if possible.

I even had conflicting stories from two different customer representatives on the chat. First one said no it won't work and the second one was giving me the possible options for buying add-ons.

Also, if I can't use my phone in the States, why do I have options to buy add-ons for travelling to the States!!! That doesn't seem right.

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

In Canada, if you disable your data probably you are using the 3G

You saw that you are using VoLTE in Canada, since before activating the VoLTE (this options usually is activated only when the plan support it) your phone was using the 3G after activating the VoLTE the call stay in LTE

For me the VoLTE was connecting the call faster then in 3G and the quality was a bit improved

If you have VoLTE (which it seems the case) the phone can be use in the USA to make calls

Answers