Transferring from Videotron to Fizz

candycrush
candycrush Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in My Mobile

Hello,

I tried to transfer from Videotron to Fizz yesterday on two phone, first one worked, second one worked until it didn't.

I typed my number, game IMEI number (triple checked), Videotron sent me a text to confirm the transfer, answered OUI cause it asked in French, they sent back a text to confirm that they'll let Fizz know that transfer is confirmed. I switch the sim card to the new Fizz one and go to sleep. When I wake up, it says that my number cannot be transferred because Videotron said that the account holder (aka me) did not answer the transfer authorization. Sweet, maybe it bugged. Now, I pop back the old Videotron card in but no service, I tried both sim card in case I mixed them up, but both have no service.

Does anyone have experience with this, and what can I do?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,310 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Reading this reminds me my issue. Same thing porting from Videotron: my wife's number was ported without any issue, mine was stuck exactly as yours. So my Videotron's SIM was deactivated but my Fizz's one was not yet working. Contacted Fizz support and it took them 2 days to fix it.

• candycrush
    candycrush Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi, first of all, thank you for everyone who tried to help and gave me suggestion on what to do.

Everything was fixed today within 2-3 hours with a live agent representative. I explained them the situation that I confirmed the text from Videotron and received Videotron's confirmation to transfer, but that it didn't and now the Videotron SIM card had no service. Rep asked me for the client number/account number from Videotron, and they were able to verify and transfer it to Fizz from their side.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

Hi @candycrush

For this kind of problem only the support can help you, here we are users :(

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,355 ✭✭

Ask for technical support for this issue

• Brindille
    Brindille Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @candycrush !

Here's what I found that might help you:

You must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

The transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider must be answered by the set deadline. If not, it will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to submit a new request.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

There're other solutions in the following link:

Good luck!

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

Hi @Brindille

Good reference, however, the old card doesn't work anymore, it seems that the transfer was completed from the Videotron side :(

• Brindille
    Brindille Posts: 92 ✭✭

Oups okay... So if I were @candycrush, I would call Videotron service first because it may have been blocked by the current provider... Also, to transfer your number from another mobile provider, you must keep your previous plan active until the transfer is completed; otherwise, Fizz won't be able to transfer your number and you'll have to choose a new number.

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

1. Contact videotron and explain the situation. Ask them to verify from if the transfer was done from their side or you need to request one more time the transfer.

2. If everything was done correctly by videotron and they confirm the transfer - contact fizz and explain the situation and of course ask them to verify your request.

Good luck!

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

Maybe you can provide him few hints how to solve the problem. Or even better, give him the name of the agent that find the solution for your number transfer.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,310 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Nothing special, contacted support and they opened a ticket. As my Videotron's SIM was already inactive I inserted Fizz one and after 2 days it started to work.

But I am totally agree that it's not good to not have any service either from your previous provider or your current one.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,355 ✭✭

Must be so frustrating…

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hello candycrush,

Thank you for becoming a Fizz member!
    As for the situation, I am happy to see my colleague managed to retrigger and complete the transfer.
    In case you have any other questions, you can contact us anytime in private from this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support ,as we are online 24/7.

I wish you a great day,
    -Georgian

This discussion has been closed.