Follow up to previous post re: Data Gifting without a data plan

Amanda D. #39661
Amanda D. #39661 Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

TL:DR--no, you cannot receive gifted data if you do not have a data plan, even though Whizz said you can here: https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2640042/what-details-about-fizzs-mobile-service-do-you-wish-you-had-known#latest

The story:

I posted last week, "What details about Fizz's mobile service do you wish you had known?" In that post, I noted that you cannot receive gifted data if you don't have a data plan.

A few regular users replied, then Whizz (Fizz Team) posted a response and closed the thread. They said:

"On a side note, you should be able to gift a perk to a person that does not have Data included in their plan : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program. If you can't do that, I suggest reaching our colleagues on Live chat for further investigations."

Since I was not able to receive gifted data, I reached out to Fizz via Facebook Messenger. There, they said: "In case you do not have data included in your plan, you will not be able to receive data gifts."

I asked for clarification and received this additional response, which I wanted to share with the community:

"You cannot receive data, from a different Fizz user, via transfer if your plan does not include data. However, Fizz's My Rewards program will send customers data in the form of an Upgrade or Perk. Those in your own Fizz account, My benefizz - My rewards section can be used even if you do not have data included in your monthly plan."

I also hope that Whizz will reopen the previous thread and correct the information there, because it's really unfair to users who might be planning their monthly data usage around gifts!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Amanda D. #39661,
    I hope this message finds you well. 

We're glad to see that the situation has been cleared up and we encourage you to contact us privately if you need any details or information about your account or any other process or promotions that Fizz has, as we will help you as best we can. Community members are great and are always here for you, but for official information and information specific to your account, customer service representatives should also be the ones to contact first. Here is an FAQ on how to contact us https://fizz.ca/en/support#gsc.tab=0.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu

Answers

• Amanda D. #39661
    edited February 2023

One more thing I forgot to add, that's very interesting and others might want to know! This is also from my Facebook chat with Fizz support:

"Some of the Perks that are being assigned to your account Fizz in section My benefizz - My rewards will have the option to be sent to a different client Fizz. How can you find that out? You need to click on the existing Perks. When a Perk can be sent to a different client Fizz then besides the option "Apply" there will also be the option "Gift".

So technically Whizz was correct in the original response--they were just talking about a different, unrelated thing.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

Thank you for the info, I agree that they should clarify this officially

• Amanda D. #39661

LOL here's another thing I just found out--you get points for commenting on your own post! I should have posted with each sentence in a separate comment for maximum points 😂

• Derr

Yes you should have 😂

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭

Data Perks and data gifts are totally different things. So @Whizz is right that without a data plan you can not receive data gifts, however you can receive data Perks.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program

• Amanda D. #39661

Yeah, I figured out later that it was technically correct… it was just a bit misleading to post it in response to a comment about data gifting.

• Derr

@Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Thank you very much for the clarification, I didn’t realize the difference.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭

No problem, happy to help.

• Zakkk
    Zakkk Posts: 31 ✭✭

Thanks for all the info!

• exactly even Fizz employees don't give the right information

This discussion has been closed.