What details about Fizz's mobile service do you wish you had known?

Options
Amanda D. #39661
Amanda D. #39661 Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

Hey there fellow customers,

I keep getting screwed over by weird details about Fizz's account management options--things I could have found out earlier if I'd known to look for them, but I would never have thought to do that.

Here are some examples:

1. If you want to replace an upgrade that's currently in use, DO NOT CLICK "REMOVE"! This will block you from being able to use the slot for two payment cycles. Instead, just go ahead and apply the upgrade you want to use; it'll ask you which existing one you want to replace, and the switch will occur automatically at the start of the next cycle.
  2. If you want to change your plan, you need to do it FIVE DAYS before your payment cycle ends.
  3. You cannot receive gifted data unless you have a data plan. Doesn't matter if you have 15G of perks--no gifts for you!

Yes, I know this information is available in the forum and in the FAQ or wherever--I figured that out after I was unable to do these seemingly obvious things in my account. So here is my question:

What other traps like this have you encountered? What else should I look out for? Thank you in advance!!!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Amanda D. #39661,

Sorry to hear you had a not so good experience with your account!

Be sure that you read the FAQ`s that are found in the Fizz solution hub : https://fizz.ca/en/solutions as you will find almost everything related to your account you might want to do ( how to operate your rewards, how to add a new address to your account, how a referral code discount works and how can be applied and so much more ).

You can also either contact our representatives either on Live chat or just ask around here for anything that might come up your mind :D

On a side note, you should be able to gift a perk to a person that does not have Data included in their plan : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-receive-my-rewards-program
    If you can`t do that, I suggest reaching our colleagues on Live chat for further investigations.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul :)

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,067 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Amanda D. #39661

I believe you are being too harsh. As you mentioned, these are well-known characteristics of Fizz, but I agree that they should work on adjusting how to remove and swap bonuses. With regard to the second point, the expected waiting time is 4.5 days :D. As for the third point, I was able to gift the 15GB data perk to someone who didn't have a data plan. It's worth noting that this is the only way to gift data, and people without a data plan usually receive the perks as well. Therefore, I don't see any major issues with it.

• ValerieL
    ValerieL Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

I would of loved to understand the levels sooner to be able to have more perks. Trying to level up right now 😜

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,478 ✭✭
    Options

Great post Amanda, very good idea!

As for myself, I would suggest to verify as often as possible if a better price is available for your actual plan and apply the new price manually in the ``manage/modify your plan`` section.

This discussion has been closed.