Internet connection loss

Peepo
Peepo Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Internet

Hey,

I've lost all connection to the internet sometime around 3am. Wifi works fine but the modem/router is unable to connect to the internet.

Customer support is closed and this is right before long distance Christmas calls. Is there any news of maintenance or downed internet lines?

Reseting and factory reseting did nothing and I'm hoping to have this fixed before this afternoon.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Peepo,
    I am really sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and signals and I can see that the connection is not working.
    In my tools I can see that the issue comes from the bad weather and that Hydro Quebec is working to fix this. 
    For some sectors, the power is not working and that causes your connection to not work as well. 
    As soon as hydro quebec will fix the issues on their side, the connection will resume.
    Please, accept our sincere apologies for this situation! 
    Hopefully, the weather will be nicer to us all, given that the hollydays are here. 
    I wish you all a Merry Christmas! 
    -Eugen

Answers

• rogerho
    rogerho Posts: 5 ✭✭

I’m having the same problem. Did a factory reset and it’s still down.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭

Hi @Peepo and @rogerho

Yes Fizz the support is open, however, overwhelmed by the internet issue due to weather conditions that we have at the moment, if the hydroquebec cables have problems also the internet cables :(

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭

It was the same for me recently, everything is back to normal now. Check Hydroquebec site maybe to see if there are any possible outages in your area due to the bad weather.

• Jess_i88b6

Hi @Peepo

I don't know I am a user like you.

Did you check with the hydroquebec site, if there is a power outages nearby? ( couples of streets from your residence) This can be a good starting point

• Peepo

Seems there's power outages a few kilometers away from me.

Guess there's nothing to do but wait.

• Jess_i88b6

Hi @Peepo

It can be that, check from the hydroquebec site, when it is schedule to be resolved

• johanne T. #37311
    johanne T. #37311 Posts: 63 ✭✭

why fizzz was impacted by hydroquebec that mot supose to be

• Jess_i88b6
    edited December 2022

Videotron infrastructure has some devices on the poles nearby the client, powered by hydroquebec, without any generator. Therefore, no power, no signal. Probably they have some kind of UPS, but this cannot stay up for hours

• rogerho
    rogerho Posts: 5 ✭✭

The message I got when trying to contact support is that it is outside of business hours this morning at 11am. So that is misleading.

In terms of power outage, the only power outage as per Hydro Quebec is only 10 houses lost power about 10 blocks away... that's really a very small area at a far distance.

If Fizz support is avaible but overwelmed, they should put the proper message on the site. They should also update the Network Status page because it is saying that everything is functioning normally.

• Jess_i88b6

Hi @rogerho

10 blocks from your house seems far enough to not be impacted. Sorry but I am a user, and I don't have any information.

I agree with you that they should update the network status, this will help the support to have fewer contacts too.

• Dannie
    Dannie Posts: 1 ✭✭

I have electricity and there is no outages near by

• Delash8
    Delash8 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Do you the fizz wi-fi app ? I used to have this kind of problems in the beginning and i remember using the app to check stuffs and it stopped doing that

• Peepo

I cannot use the app because the modem isn't receiving internet. Forever blinking on the download node

This discussion has been closed.