Tell us your gifting story

Whizz
Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin

Hello everyone,

Fizz is looking for community members who have gifted data to other community members. We would like to tell your stories in our next advertising campaign.

We're looking for stories that are moving, far-fetched, out of the ordinary :

⚡ Troubleshot someone who needed data for work?

⚡ Helped a complete stranger who needed to activate their data to get to an important meeting?

⚡ Offered data to a stranger to do a good deed?

⚡ Thanks to you, a student was able to study on the route between Montreal and Quebec City with his gifted data?

We want to hear from you. Write to us in comments or privately.

A gift will be offered to participants in the form of Fizz services. 

Comments

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭

Amazing! Safety is the priority, you're a good friend.

• Collapse3
    Collapse3 Posts: 54 ✭✭

I gave date to someone who's parent was in the hospital... Seems normal to do it when I can.

• RexNewton
    RexNewton Posts: 24 ✭✭

I did not give any data, but I wanted to say that it's really nice and original from you guys to offer such a thing! Definitely a modern company that reflects the population :)

• RyHi
    RyHi Posts: 150 ✭✭

A stranger was travelling to see their girlfriend and ran out of data. They reached out to the community for help. They needed data to assist with travelling. I gifted them 2 GB to help get them through their journey.

• YTH
    YTH Posts: 37 ✭✭

If you don't add data plan, then you can't accept data from others?

• YTH
    YTH Posts: 37 ✭✭

That's weird.

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭

I gave data to various people, friends, users that used my referral code, people in needs for different reasons, for example a mother that was in the hospital during the covid and the videoconference was the only way to be in contact with relatives.

• MoYe
    MoYe Posts: 655 ✭✭

i gifted data to my cousin so he could watch the habs game at work

• sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭

Hello

I gave to my ex-spouse, yes you understood correctly.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

The most I have gifted at once is 5 GB is to a fellow Fizz member in need.

In return, I have received these shiny, cool badges along with some reward points.

Yes you need to have a data plan to participate in (plan-to-plan) data gifting.

However, to receive data perks, any mobile plan will do.

• Gabriel1
    Gabriel1 Posts: 50 ✭✭

À quel endroit on peut demander des dons? Il y a bcp de conversation qui se font fermé par les administrateurs...

• SkyHigh88
    SkyHigh88 Posts: 138 ✭✭

A friend travelled to another city and end up using all his data and asked help as he was travelling for a few days and his plan doesn't reset until end of month. I sent him 5gb to help him out in order for him to order food and use uber get around the city.

• shoush123
    shoush123 Posts: 16 ✭✭

im always helping by gifting data to people in need in these forums and facebook groups!

• almalexiel
    almalexiel Posts: 22 ✭✭

C'est plus facile sur Reddit je trouve, il y a un espace pour Fizz avec un topic juste pour ça. Je peux aussi t'en envoyer si tu me donne ton code 😊

• Claudia2727
    Claudia2727 Posts: 28 ✭✭

J'ai deja donne a quelqu'un qui etais hospitalise caue dun cancer ( J'espere que c'etait vrai xd )

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

A friend, who immigrated to Canada set up his mobile plan with Fizz. He signed-up for home internet with another company but they were delayed with installation. His father had an accident and ended up in hospital. I gifted my friend enough GB so he could make a FaceTime call home. Felt pretty good to be able to help :)

• benakev
    benakev Posts: 11 ✭✭

i was given 50$ by fizz... really appreciated it

• Gabriel1
    Gabriel1 Posts: 50 ✭✭

Il faut s'aider!!!

• MGbouchard
    MGbouchard Posts: 249 ✭✭

nice to read all the stories

• JD1990
    JD1990 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Hello,

Here's a gifting story that I think is pretty special.

A few years ago, I was struggling to come up with a meaningful gift for my best friend's birthday. We had been friends for over a decade, and I wanted to get her something that really reflected our long and special friendship. After much brainstorming, I decided to put together a photo album filled with pictures from all of the memorable moments we had shared over the years.

I spent hours going through old photos, selecting the ones that I thought were the most meaningful, and organizing them into a cohesive album. I also included notes and captions explaining why each photo was special to me. When the album was finished, I wrapped it up and gave it to my friend on her birthday.

To my delight, she absolutely loved the gift. She told me that it was one of the most thoughtful and sentimental gifts she had ever received, and that she would treasure it for years to come. It was a really special moment for both of us, and I'm so glad I took the time to put together such a special and meaningful gift.

I hope this story inspires you to think creatively and give a gift that truly reflects the special relationship you have with your loved ones.

Best regards

• Roxinie
    Roxinie Posts: 24 ✭✭

I gifted a few people that were stuck in the hospital over the sommer, I also often gift my friend who takes the bus to go to work. Over christmas i decided to give just because I could, i find those are the best gifts, thanks fizz for creating a community and permitting us to share if we have extra. Knowing that if I need more, I will probable have the necessary support through the community.

• SquikyBird
    SquikyBird Posts: 1,614 ✭✭

Like anonymous gifters

• TrueR
    TrueR Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello. I gift my son and daughter whenever they ask. The last time my daughter needed data, I wasn't able to gift her any because her account was at 0. I was very disappointed. We should be able to help someone in that dire moment, not only when they're running low on data. Thanks and the best in the new year 2023.

• ameliee
    ameliee Posts: 7 ✭✭

this is such a lovely idea on fizz's part! I love being able to help people!

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

I gave data to various people

• Rhys
    Rhys Posts: 25 ✭✭

I left Fizz... so I gave away all my data. An unnamed blue company offered me a really good deal as part of a bundle. They sucked though and I only lasted a few months until I came back to Fizz.

I feel shame.

• SkyHigh88
    SkyHigh88 Posts: 138 ✭✭

My son had to go to Toronto for a meeting in november and he run out of data. He needed to get a uber ride and look for place of the meeting. Sent gim 5 gb of data in order to help him out for the weekend.

This discussion has been closed.