Moving internet service but the price is not the same

Quang D. #10622
Quang D. #10622 Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Internet

Hi, I have a question regarding moving my Internet service. I'm a Beta user and benefit from a reduced monthly price. But when I tried to move my service to the new address, the monthly fee indicates that it's current price, not the beta price. I tried to contact customer service but cannot get through, my position kept jumping up and down.

Anyone have the same issue?

Thanks,

Quang

Best Answers

• YiMontreal
    YiMontreal Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Hi, I saw the same pricing issue and already submitted a ticket. but I still tried to book a moving appointment just to see, and then I got an email confirmation with a new agreement PDF, showing my new address, with the same old price in the agreement. so I guess it was just a display issue on the web page.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Quang D. #10622 ,

Thank you for contacting us.

I kindly suggest you to contact us directly, so we can verify and help you further.

You can chat with an agent directly 24/7 using our live chat function. To contact us on the live chat you have to go to any of our FAQs and click the (?) in the lower right corner of the screen. Once you do that you will have to click on the (...) three dots which represent our live chat function.

You can use this FAQ to find the chat bubble, https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

Thank you for your kind understanding.

I wish you a great day.😊

Ramona

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,662 ✭✭

Hi

Be sure to follow the moving procedure - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service and not for example, the procedure for a new internet installation at your new address.

Moving your Home Internet plan is done directly from your account. Submit your request under

My plans > Manage plan > Moving my service.

Word of the wise, don’t forget to pack your Fizz Wi-Fi modem and bring it with you on your moving day!

Need to change your Home Internet plan? No worries, but plan to do so before or after your move. You cannot modify your Home Internet plan during your move.

It is possible the plan or the service is not available at your new address

As you fill out your move request for your Home Internet plan, Fizz will obviously ask you to enter your new address. One of three things can happen:

All is fine.

• This is great, but chances are this is not your case if you’re reading this section of our FAQ.

The download speed you have now is not available at your new address.

• Perhaps you are moving from an area with high bandwidth to one with lower bandwidth, which impacts the download speeds available to you. Choose a new plan. On the activation date of your new plan at your new address, your old plan will be refunded to you on a prorated basis.

Fizz Home Internet is not available at your new address.

• This is where we must unfortunately part ways. Fizz Home Internet is not yet available everywhere. It’s currently available to many residential addresses in Quebec and Ontario. In time, the service will become available to a growing number of postal codes. 

If there is any issue, you can contact Fizz customer service 24/7. You can do so by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Eson
    Eson Posts: 1 ✭✭

The question is not really answered. I'm also an early adopters who benefited from the lower price, and when I tried to use the "Moving" request, the price is listed as the current retail price.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

@Eson Unfortunately, if the automated procedure has an issue with getting the pricing right, then you will certainly need to contact customer service.

If the online chat does not work for you, then you can try to use the online complaint form, which would continue discussions via email.

Otherwise, the usual support options also still apply

----

Fizz Customer service agents are only available online. Here we are all end users like you.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do
    • Go to bottom of page and Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

• Quang D. #10622

Thanks a lot for your answer YiMontreal! I just did the same thing and I got the new Home Internet

Services Agreement with the same beta price.

• FizzDy
    FizzDy Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello you all can I ask you what's the beta user and how to get it? Thank you.

• Quang D. #10622

Hi FizzDY, beta users are those who uses Fizz services when they're still under testing. I believe you can't become a beta user as for now, unless Fizz launch a new service and they want testes.

I am lucky enough to be a beta user for both phone and Internet services.

• FizzDy
    FizzDy Posts: 5 ✭✭

Oh thank you, that's good to know. Emjoy your beta position :P

This discussion has been closed.