frequent internet connection issue3

smilehyun
smilehyun Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet

So here's my threads

https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/comment/6619145

https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2630673/frequent-internet-connection-issue

I don't know why posts are keep getting closed when the issue is not resolved.

Anyway, I still have very frequent internet connection issues and my patient is running out. I've noticed that connection issue always starts to happen during the Thursday, and last until Sunday afternoon. It's been like this for last 3-4 weeks. Again today I started to have connection issue every 30-45 minutes.

I think internet is being throttled during the peak hours or days. Otherwise I don't know how you can explain this. I have 0 issue from Sunday night to Thursday, and it usually begins on Thursday afternoon. Also when the issue occurs, resetting modem doesn't changes anything. I still get the connection issue right after.

What's my option here other than cancelling the service?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,612 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello smilehyun,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    At the moment it seems that you are using a personal router.
    Please perform a factory reset on the Fizz modem and keep using only this so that our tools can register recent information.
    Here you can also find more troubleshooting you can try: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    If this situation persists please contact our support to investigate this further.

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

It's definitely weird that it always happens between Thursday to Sunday. My first guess would have been that the modem causes issues. The Fizz provided modem is notoriously unreliable which is why many members use it only in bridge mode and purchase their own router.

Fizz says it only throttles the 200 and 120 plans. I personally have (luckily) never experienced throttling.

Have you tried to reach out to support directly via live chat (My settings --> Contact Forms ---> Green Chat Bubble )?

Technical issues are usually getting resolved more efficiently this way.

• smilehyun

@StefanM yes I’m using it as bridge mode. If you check my first thread, technician came over and replaced my modem too.. :/

I am using 120 plan, but it’s not like I’m using more internet toward the weekend. There’s only two person living in my house, and connected devices are always same..

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Hmm, could it have something to do with the cable? I mean something is obviously wrong here. Did you reach out to Fizz support asking them whether they do something from Thursday to Sunday?

• smilehyun

@StefanM I can again.. i guess lol

when technician was here, he didn't find anyting. And if cable has an issue, I shouldn't have this problem not just limited to just those date...

This discussion has been closed.