frequent internet connection issue.

Options
smilehyun
smilehyun Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet

Hi, I'm having frequent internet connection issue at home.

i had this issue for last 5-6 month, and it seems it's getting worse.

basically, I get frequent connection issue throughout the day. I'm using fizz modem as bridge mode, and connected to my other router for wifi. I thought it was an issue with my own router, so I have tried to change it 2 times and monitored connection issue. Connection issue persist with other routers, and issue was persist when I just tried with Fizz router too. Fizz router's status light is all good when it happens, but I connection is lost min 5 seconds, and max 1-2 minutes everytime when it happens.

I think there's an issue with Fizz router or the internet line coming to my home. I'm so annoyed at this point...

Best Answers

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options

Hello smilehyun 

I am sorry for the situation encountered.
    I have verified your Fizz account and I see that your modem is online, but there are some fluctuations of the signals. Also, there is no work carried out in your area affecting the services.
    In order to make some manipulation and find the best solution together, please contact us in  private: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Have a great day!
    -Adelina

• smilehyun
    Options

@Whizz i've tried to contact you by facebook message, but it seems chat bot ignores my message. I did responded, but agent said i didn't responded thus left....

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options

smilehyun , I am sorry to hear that you can't contact us.

In this case, please reach us on Live Chat in order to help you further, by accessing the page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do , the chat bubble will appear in the right down corner. 

Thank you!
    -Adelina

• vgStef
    vgStef Posts: 162 ✭✭
    Options

It also happens to my sometimes. @smilehyun, I'd be curious to know if you find a solution.

• smilehyun
    Options

@vgStef Technician will make a visit tomorrow morning. I'll update here if technician finds anything.

I think it's the issue with Fizz router. I'm living in a newly constructed house (less than 5 years), and I haven't had issue like this with Videotron. Since Fizz uses videotron line, I only had to change the router. My google wifi mesh network stayed same(bridge mode), but I started to get this issue...

what drives me crazy is that connection issue usually happens for 3-5 seconds and resolves itself.(sometimes up to few minutes tho).. so i tried to ignore it, and thought maybe there's an issue with google wifi. So i've decided to change the router and see what happens. I bought fancy TPlink router, and cheap TPlink router, and results were same.. I'm keep getting frequent disconnection...

This discussion has been closed.