I am trying to buy a SIM card and my credit card is declined.

James E.
James E. Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in About my account

I have an account with fizz and bought a phone through fizz and it works all right and I ordered another phone through fizz for my brother but didn't get the SIM card for it. Now I want to order a SIM card through my account so I can activate the second phone to give to my brother and I keep getting a red message at the top of the screen saying payment method declined. I got on chat for help and they told me i would have to verify my identity by photographing a piece of photo id and photo the visa card and send it to them through the online chat window. It seems like a lot of hastle just to get a SIM card. My account is using the same visa card and my address for the visa card matches with my bank records for my home address. This is extremely frustrating. I wonder if I made a mistake getting fizz. I have been happy with fizz up to now but this is a huge pain.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello James E.,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.  
    I can assure you that we are asking for those documents only to make sure that your account is secured.
    If you wish to continue the investigation please reach us back via live chat since it's the only session 100% secured and we will only request personal information on that session: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Feel free to reach us at any time, we are here 24/7.

Have a good one,
    -Alex

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@James E.

Hi James,

Fizz's SIM cards are also now available in some Couche-Tard stores.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-order-sim-card

• James E.
    James E. Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Dapfizzer thanks for your help. I know how to buy it through the fizz website but it won't let me for some bizarre reason that I'm not aware of. I live in Ottawa and if they sold SIM cards here I would buy one at a local store.

My brother is in the hospital with a newly diagnosed malignant tumor and has been there since the middle of January getting cancer treatment. His phone uses Chatr and it is garbage. I was trying to call him and Chatr seems to use second tier equipment because I always have some problem getting in touch with him. I bought him a new phone through Fizz but didn't get the SIM card because he was using the Chatr SIM.

My brother gave me the phone I bought for him from Fizz back to me to put a Fizz card in and I am getting blocked from buying the new Fizz SIM card. This is more BS than I want to take. It's too bad Fizz customer support is through a Chat window. Chatr's customer support is great even though their phone network stinks using Roger's equipment.

I don't want to go to a contract with the other phone providers. Maybe I will return the phone I bought for him back to Fizz as they don't seem to care about customer support. I will not send pictures of my ID to someone just to verify my identity. Can you spell Identity Theft Fizz?

This discussion has been closed.