My phone suddenly refuses to connect calls to a number that used to work?

someuser120344
someuser120344 Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

My phone today started refusing to connect calls to a medical clinic in a nearby town (which I have called before in the past month without problem). It doesn't sit anywhere near a province territory line, so there's no reason it shouldn't connect.

But I get some nonsense about "your plan does not allow us to connect this call". What am I supposed to do with that?

I also tried to get access to the online chat but the button in the webpage appears to be broken, no chat pops up.

Help would be appreciated.

edit: Another person in my household which also has a Fizz plan doesn't have any problem connecting the call on their phone.

Best Answer

• someuser120344
    Answer ✓

This thread can now be closed, the issue has resolved itself without any obvious mechanism.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin

Hello someruser120344,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I can see that your plan only has Quebec coverage.
    If you wish to make calls outside Quebec and Ottawa region you will need an add-on or use the pay as you go option
    Here you can find more information regarding calls and coverage: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services
    If you plan to do this frequently you can also adjust your plan to have Canada coverage. 
    If it's a local call you can consult this FAQ for troubleshooting: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why
    If the issue persists please contact our support to investigate this further.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

• someuser120344
    edited January 2022

As I mentioned in my OP, the call I'm trying to make is within Quebec while I am within Quebec.

I also mentioned that I am unable to contact support because the online chat is broken and I do not have social media accounts.

I have also gone through the troubleshooting steps to no avail. I used the same phone a few weeks ago to call the same number without problem, so I doubt it suddenly became incompatible.

This would mean that the status of services might still be "stuff is broken".

• Hello, I would suggest:

• enable then disable airplane mode on your phone to reconnect to the network
    • check the network APN settings, reset to factory and reset FIZZ APN settings
    • restart your phone
    • if someone you know has a Fizz QC plan and can call that specific number, swap SIMs to see if the issue follows the SIM
    • back up your data on your phone and reset to factory settings, as a last resort
    • another way to contact a Fizz agent is to login to your account, go to My Settings and Contact Form, this opens up a support ticket and your exchange is by the email registered on your account.
  • someuser120344

@Clive Thanks for the Contact Form reference, I wasn't aware of that option. They really should mention it exists.

I've tried most of these save the factory reset & SIM swap at the moment; I'm worried about data loss and don't have a ready setup for backing up everything.

• someuser120344

Additional note: The online chat is also broken on Chromium, not just Firefox. So the browser I'm using isn't the root cause of the issue.

• @someuser120344, another idea is to check if that number is blocked on your phone.

• someuser120344

@Clive No idea what it was in the end. It just started working again at some point before my ticket was actually seen but not before I'd written it.

This discussion has been closed.