Why can't I transfer my number to my new provider?

Options

I have recently switched to koodo and I have been trying to transfer my current number over. However, I cannot get it to work. They are telling me its because of my account number that they are having issues as they require 9 digits whereas Fizz has only 8. I have even tried adding 1-4 zero's infront of my account number but still it ends up not working. They have even tried my IMEI number, but they got the same result. What am I supposed to do?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,172 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello nothappywith_this1,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    If the account number option is not working I would recommend providing them with your IMEI.
    You can find it by dialing *#06#, they should be able to use that also. 
    I can also see that you contacted our support team. 
    If by any chance the issue persists please continue the conversation with our support team. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,749 ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi Nothappywhitthis,

Mayby it's Koodo who is the problem. I just check my account number and mine to have 8 digits. Try another call to Koodo, and talk to somebody else !

Good evening

• nothappywith_this1
    Options

I don't think it's koodo. I have a friend who also swapped to Koodo today and they were having the same issue until they tried adding 4 zeros and it worked. So kind of confused.

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,749 ✭✭
    Options

Koodo should know that kind of thing. Your not the first to switch from Fizz to Koodo and if they can't solve this little problem it's a bad start.

• yoddie
    yoddie Posts: 79 ✭✭
    Options

This is definitely an issue on Koodo's side. Try calling another rep or escalate this on their side.

This discussion has been closed.