Trying to return or exchange defective phone

Options
k2021
k2021 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Phones

I bought a new phone which ended up being defective with my $100 rebate perk and I’m trying to return it, but the “My phones” page on my account won’t load. All I see is the lightning and a circle symbol that goes round and round, and never actually loads the page. I don’t have AdBlock, and I already tried different browsers and clearing the browser data (cache, cookies, history, etc.). I tried leaving the page load for an hour, but it just keeps loading. I can access everything else on my account page (Overview, My plans and My settings) except “My phones” even after waiting 5 hours.

How can I get some help to get the web page working? Also, if I return the phone can I get my perk back?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,108 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello k2021,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I recommend trying to access the page using an incognito browser.
    If the issue still persists please contact our support team as our members suggested.
    Also, please read the information Dapfizzer provided regarding the phone return order. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@k2021

Hi,

as mentioned I suggest you to contact the customer service, you can do it by opening the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

They'll surely be able to help you.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@k2021

Here's some information that will be sent to you in the event that a return is well considered:

Any return request must be submitted online via your Fizz account under My phones/Manage my phone/Return my phone.

The IMEI of the phone that is returned must match the IMEI associated with the return request you submit online. 

If you just bought your phone and are unhappy with it, you may return it under the 15-day return policy.

You must submit your request online within 15 days of the date on which you received your phone. Once that delay has expired, the return policy will be expired. See the details of the 15-day return policy

If you’re having an issue with your phone, you can make a warranty claim

Make sure the issue is covered by the warranty. Check warranty details before submitting your request.

Conditions for a return
    1. The conditions detailed below apply to the 15-day return policy, as well as to any warranty claim. 
    2. Returns for operating software issues or damage following misuse will not be accepted.
    3. When you fill out your online return request, you will be asked to certify and confirm each of these return conditions by checking a box: 
    4.  - The phone hasn’t been damaged by water in any way. See the common causes  
    5. - The phone has no physical damage, and does not show any sign from being dropped.
    6. 15-day returnWarranty claimThe phone is like new. There is no scratch or any physical damage to the case, screen, buttons or connectors, camera lens and/or flash. In the case of a refurbished phone, it’s in the same condition as when you bought it from Fizz.Only damage related to an issue with the phone is eligible. Any warranty claim for damage resulting from misuse will be denied.
    7. More details on physical damage 
    8. - The phone’s original operating system hasn’t been modified or hacked (jailbreak), and the latest software update was downloaded. More details on jailbreak
    9. - With your phone, you included:
    • 15-day returnWarranty claimThe original box
    • All accessories
    • The charger
    • The charger
    1.  An administrative fee (an amount of $75, plus applicable taxes) will be invoiced to you if:
    2. - your phone does not meet all of the conditions mentioned here above;
    3. - the required steps to prepare your phone for its return were not completed correctly;
    4. - in the case of a warranty claim, if the issue was not covered by the warranty.
    Must-know info before returning your phone
    1. The process will take between 4 and 7 business days, starting the moment you drop your package at a Canada Post deposit location. 
    2. Fizz has no control over Canada Post delays, and cannot guarantee that the delays that are indicated will be respected.
    3.  Your mobile plan remains active while your request is being processed. So don’t hesitate to insert your SIM card in another phone to use your Fizz mobile services. 
    4. If you are returning your phone under the 15-day return policy and your request is approved, the promised My Rewards points associated with its purchase will not be deposited in your account since you’re returning it.
    5. If you are making a warranty claim and your request is approved, we’ll replace your phone. If providing you with the same model is impossible, an equivalent model will be sent to you.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-do-i-need-know-returning-my-phone

This discussion has been closed.