Received a faulty phone and can’t return it.

Connor9999
Connor9999 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I purchased two Iphones from Fizz on November 15th. One of the phones is faulty and I am trying to return it. The barcodes provided for the return did not work at the post office so I opened a technical support ticket and am still waiting on November 2nd. The day fizz says I can no longer return the phone by. Did I get scammed? Am I now stuck with this broken phone that isn’t under Apple warranty?

Best Answer

• Connor9999
    Answer ✓

Finally heard back from fizz support. Was told to “try again” obviously didn’t work. So now I’m waiting again to hear back from “support” again…

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

I think when it is a new iphone, you need to request warranty from Apple directly not from Fizz

If you opened a technical billet, I think Fizz will honor the date you opened the ticket though

• Connor9999

It was a pre owned iPhone. Not under any kind of warranty with Apple.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Your best chance is to contact Fizz again by chat.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭

Hi

When did you purchase this phone?

Preloved phones are covered by Fizz for a period of 6 months.

Here are the warranty details for a phone bought with Fizz - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-warranty-details-phone-bought-fizz

If you are within the warranty period and already submitted a ticket, I believe Fizz will honor the issue.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin

Hello Connor9999,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I have verified your account ad you have a ticket escalated to our technical team for this.  
    Our team is working on it but we don't have any updates from them at the moment.
    Rest assured as soon as they reply we will contact you via e-mail.
    I apologize again for the delay and inconvenience. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

This discussion has been closed.