people are trying to call me but my VM is answering right away, I don't even see a missed call

Eli T.
Eli T. Posts: 2 ✭✭

some calls are coming trough and some not, what could be the problem and what's the solution

P.S. the service bar shows that I have full service

Thanks in advance

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

I would advise contacting Fizz directly by chat.

We’re here for you 24/7.

Make your way to the Solution Hub and find the help page pertaining to your issue. If you can’t find the answer, click on the (?) in the right-hand corner. That’s your door to the channels to contact us.  

Leave us a message.

We’ll get back to you so you don’t have to wait around. Just leave us a message on Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, iMessage or Twitter private.

Is the coverage adequate?
    1. Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.
    2. See our network coverage map
    3. The Fizz mobile network, like the vast majority of mobile service providers in Canada, is broadcast from fixed antennas on the ground.
    4. It’s normal that the signal will be affected in some places by natural and artificial obstacles.
    5. Artificial obstacles may include:
    • Concrete
    • Steel
    • Aluminum
    1. Natural obstacles may include:
    • Mountains
    • Valleys
    • Forests
    Restart your phone
    1. If the network signal is weak, your phone may be connected to an antenna that is not in an optimal location for you to access the network.
    2. Reboot (power cycle) your phone by holding down the phone’s start button for 10 seconds.
    3. Following your reboot, your applications will load. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network and potentially recover its authorization to access the network.
    Is the Fizz network chosen?
    1. Make sure your phone is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network.
    2. IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.
    3. The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    4. AndroidSettings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    5. iPhoneSettings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
    6. Note: If the Fizz network is not optimal where you are, you may try to temporarily connect to our wider area network.
    7. How to access the Fizz wider area network
    8. The position and distance of our partners’ antennas may differ from ours — your mobile experience may improve at locations that are problematic for the Fizz network.
    Reset your phone’s network settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This operation will also reset your WiFi settings, mobile data, Bluetooth, etc.
    2. The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of device. Here are two examples:
    3. AndroidSettings → General management → Reset → Reset network settings
    4. iPhoneSettings → General → Reset → Reset network settings

• NicolasC
    NicolasC Posts: 42 ✭✭

Hello,

if you have an iPhone, I’ve already had this situation, check in setting —> phone —>

and check if the option to forward the unidentified calls is active

good luck ;)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,787 admin

Hello Eli T.,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    Please make sure that you don't have any call forwarding option active.  
    Here you can find more information about this if necessary: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-call-forwarding
    If the issue still persists please contact our support team. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex