How do I refund the money added to my wallet?

u_r1106
u_r1106 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited October 2021 in About my account

I tried to pay my phone bill on the website since my card didn't go through. So, I added money to my wallet which cannot be redeemed for my phone plan, and was trying to get it refunded to my card. I tried looking for live chat support on the website and couldn't find it. If someone from Fizz could contact me directly on the website or via email to help me out that would be great. The website isn't user-friendly at all, is hard to navigate, and I can't pay my bills online, as a new customer I am very disappointed and will consider switching my carriers.

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,658 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi u_r1106

Your monthly plan fee will be charged automatically to your payment card one day before the monthly renewal date. You do not need to make any manual payments.

Yes you can be refunded the money added to your wallet. You need to contact customer service for this.

This is the text from the guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-my-wallet-and-how-do-i-use-it#3

The funds you put in your Wallet can be refunded to you. You must make your request during our business hours using the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of this page.

You can always go on one FAQ page, for example https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues, click on the green bubble on the bottom right corner and select chat 💬, if you are using a mobile phone use it on horizontal or in desktop mode.

They will surely be able to help you.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

Answers

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

No you can not use Funds from you wallet to pay your Fizz Plans :

To pay for your Fizz plans, you can use:

• Visa or Mastercard credit card
    • prepaid Visa or Mastercard credit cards such as Vanilla prepaid cards
    • Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit card

Only one-off payments are accepted with Vanilla prepaid cards

You CANNOT use: 

• American Express (Amex), Dinners and others credit cards 
    • A debit card 
    • A foreign credit/debit card 
    • Funds from your Fizz Wallet 
    IMPORTANT - Address associated to the Credit Card

When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated to your card must correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. The right info must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the address needs to be 100% identical. Pay attention to the following items:

• The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    • Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    • Hyphens
    • Spaces
    • Spelling

Tip: Make a copy and paste of what is written in your credit card statement.

If the address and postal code that you associate to your payment method are not identical to that declared to your bank for that card, you won’t be able to add this payment method.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    How can I get back the funds in my Wallet?
    1. The funds you put in your Wallet can be refunded to you. You must make your request during our business hours using the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of this page.

at the linked page, click on the green ? to chat with Fizz

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hello u_r1106,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.
    I have verified your account and I can see the refund was already made on October 1st. 
    Don't hesitate o reach us again if you need assistance.

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

It would be nice if Fizz considered a few more options. I don't have an issue with it for myself, but I can see how it can be an issue for some.

I know some other providers (I won't mention company names), will take funds from your wallet to pay your bill monthly. And will only go to your credit card on file if there are no funds left in the wallet.

Wallets from other companies can be funded either by Credit card, Vouchers you can buy at many general stores (including many gas stations), or prepaid cards you can also buy at some stores, and apply them using the PIN on the back of the cards. This allows people with problematic credit cards, to also buy funds using cash or interac at a general store and applying it to thier account wallet which can then be used to pay the monthly fees.

This discussion has been closed.