Response constraints

Idefizz
Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Hey all,

not a question, just few observations in regard to answering a question since the new forum platform.

• If it's very long, it risks triggering the automatic approval process and not be visible until a human approves it. So be short. How much is too long? More than x lines, too many links, more than y characters ? Dunno yet exactly.
  • Your answer can be re-edited in a 15 minutes period. Nice. After that, it is written in stone.
  • Tagging someone can be tedious especially with the extra numbers happened at the end of their nickname. Tip: quoting does tag the member automatically tho. No need to type @ and type-n-search through a list.
  • Also you must wait at least 180 seconds between 2 posts. Or a spam block will affect your account.
  • BUT if you re-edit too frequently during that 15 minutes, it will also trigger the approval process. See snapshot. I got that after editing 3 times for grammar or RTF edits.

Comments

• Idefizz

Sorry this is a duplicate of https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2619368/answering-questions-observations and I cannot remove it.

Both were ironically under the mod/approval process for a reason yet unknown. 😵🙃

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

All my answer who get the approbation treatment see to never appear so please tell me what i doign wroung. Its not nice to write a long answer to see her go to the trash without explaination. Have a nice day :)

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

For Me,

It would be nice too to redirect the questions in the good community. I mean, questions in french in french community and so on.

Good points!

• Dgjf

You are right Justin but i dont think its easy to do. But yes many french question pop in the english forum because english seem the defaut forum and the loggin redirect to it (in my case).

• Idefizz

Once I answered in both languages in the same thread. I see past the language and sometimes don't remember which one I'm in, just focusing at giving a good enough answer, lol whoopsie 🤭

• Dgjf

@Idefizz Your brain dont care french, english, japanese is all the same for you :p

• Idefizz

😊

I can also mime but it does not work well in a forum 🤡

• Seu_Madruga
    Seu_Madruga Posts: 73 ✭✭

It would be interesting to have some clarification from Fizz regarding the approval.

• Why some messages go to this bucket? Like you said: is it due to the length of the message? Words used? Else?
    • Why most of those messages are never approved?

Thanks for bringing this discuttion up.

• Dgjf

I really whant to know why all my message who get cautch seem to never be approved ? Maybe they dont have enough staff to do it in time ? Its sad to make a good answer right after the question was ask and the member who ask never see it.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! There are a few tweaks we need to make, and we're in the process of making them. We just moved, so we're still unpacking some of the boxes and figuring out where to hang some of the frames. Thank you all for your patience.🙏

Jay

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

@jeff3000 I heard that of you manage to comment on the post, they simply delete the one that was sent to review. Wouldn't make sense to approve it. I could be wrong though :)

• Benoit
    Benoit Posts: 519 ✭✭

You are right about the last point: every time I tried ro reedit my post twice, that answer disappeared! Not sure it is in moderation, just erased I think...

• Benoit
    Benoit Posts: 519 ✭✭

And for your 3rd point, I use it since a couple of day, it is so easier! Good point!

• roch-andre
    roch-andre Posts: 272 ✭✭

Thanks for the info

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 ✭✭

Good to know

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

Thanks for the info

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

Thanks for the Info ! It will be interesting to find out exactly how/and when the review process is triggered. Sometimes its really random. There are also a few specific words that trigger the review.

• Pete

So, where is the list with the rules to follow ?

• Pete

Thanks

• Kevin P. #2908
    Kevin P. #2908 Posts: 110 ✭✭

Have a good day!

• Saamenerve
    Saamenerve Posts: 81 ✭✭

Thank you for the info