One time verification code can't be sent from my bank

Shahrzad
Shahrzad Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in My Mobile

Hello,

I'm having the issue with receiving one time verification code from my bank to sign into my account. My bank is CIBC.

I called them and they told me to give you this number and add it to the provider list.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Shahrzad,
    Thank you for reaching out to us with this case.

Rest assured, I will ask our dedicated team to look into this situation for you and we will notify you via e-mail as soon as we got a reply and a solution.

For future reference, please refrain from posting phone numbers, e-mail addresses or any other private details on the Community forum.
    This information is better sent directly to us as the other members indicated.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Fizz does some blocking and will need that number to be explicitely set in their systems. When it happens, it is often with banks. Make sure the number provided is really the one the bank uses to text you.

Some text messages sent by businesses such as 2-step verification messages may not be sent to your phone properly. 

We continue to gradually roll out this type of service so that it operates optimally with as many companies as possible.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages

To reduce delays, I suggest you chat with them using their tool as we are clients like you. To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

I am banking with CIBC too and thankfully never had problems with receiving a verification code. I don’t really know why it isn’t working for you. Best would be to contact Fizz Support directly (My Plans —> Contact Forms —> Green Chat Bubble).

If the live chat doesn’t open, please use incognito mode or a different browser. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Also, CIBC now offers two-step verification via their App. This is much safer than text message.

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭

Also a CIBC client and not having issues. Like @StefanM said, I'd suggest using another form of 2FA than SMS; also comes handy if outside of the country.

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭

TD Bank has same issue. Not all numbers though.

Just contact fizz and ask them to add that short code.

• Ali S. #829
    Ali S. #829 Posts: 32 ✭✭

I am a TD and CIBC customer and never had any issues receiving SMS from them.

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭

As I said, most bank short codes works. My buddy did complain it doesn't work in other application, don't know which one.

• cristi
    cristi Posts: 223 ✭✭

no issue with my banks sms. try maybe email 2FA option

This discussion has been closed.