Welcome to your new Community Hub

Welcome to our news digs! We’re excited and stoked to share our new community home with all of you.

As you get acquainted to your new home, we wanted to share a few changes we made to help you settle in.

•Regarding new features, there are too many to mention, but over the course of the next few weeks we will zoom in on some of them so you can get familiar with them and update our FAQ’s as well. In the mean time snoop around and let your curiosity guide you😊

•Regarding the community domain names. As you might have noticed we changed them. We combined our old community domains into one called forum.fizz.ca. You can reach the Foire aux discussion using this URL forum.fizz.ca/fr or by using the language selector on any of our community pages.

•Regarding new categories. We did a few name changes and added a few more categories that we think might interest you. Soon we will also enable “discussions” in certain categories. Meaning, not every thread needs to be a question and we can have meaning full discussion on topics you care about.

•Regarding private messages. You can continue to send and receive them.

•Regarding Usernames. You can now change your community username in your profile settings

•Regarding your current community rank or amount of community points you’ve earned. Nothing has changed, we brought them over.

•Regarding how you earn points in our new community. We did make some changes based on the evidence seen that our community is getting more mature. Some of those changes which take effect immediately are the following:

• There will be no more points given for “Kudos” given or received. However, you can still “Kudo” or like a post. This will help reduce unwanted behaviour and/or trolls. 
  • There will be no more points given for creating an answer. With all the content you’ve generated it would be wise for all to search before asking, especially with our new search bar – it’s quite awesome.
  • There will be no more points if responding to a question in under 5 minutes. Again, this will help reduce troll like behaviour and reduce content or reply’s that might not be useful.
  • With the above changes, there will be other initiatives we will introduce in the near future in offering new ways to earn points towards your Fizz loyalty program – stay tuned.
  • Regarding community moderation. We have some new features for you to report unwanted posts. You’ll see the new options when viewing a discussion thread.

To conclude, there are many new and exciting things to share with you, and we will over time. If you find any cool new features that you want to share with the other members, please do so. We will also keep this thread open if you encounter any issues or bugs that you might come across. If you do, simply comment the issue you encountered below.

Also, we’d love to hear your feedback on our new home – let us know what you think!

The Fizz Team.

Comments

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

@Emanuel S. #40617 you still get point for your answer. Its not so bad but yes its worst than before. In my opinion before was too generous but now its the opossite. But you still get point :) just less. In the same time if you see your answer here as work maybe its not for you. I dont think its a good motivation :)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,791 admin

@Seu_Madruga thank you for the feedback - I agree the new forum and rules we put in place might not please everyone. We get that, but we were dealing with many who were just trying to game the system and not adding any real value to the community. You could imagine the work in trying to keep the community fair for everyone when you had many trying to only game.

So we decided for the meantime to make some changes - but that doesn't mean it ends there. It's only the beginning and we're working on some different "more fair" ways of earning points. Stay Tuned!

Jay

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

It's a mistake that was also in the French version but got corrected by @Whizz . The sentence should read "There will be no more points given for creating a question". You still get points for an answer (3) and 50 for the chosen one.

• Seu_Madruga
    Seu_Madruga Posts: 73 ✭✭

Yeah, I agree that you need to balance things. People would create any type of questions to earn points, or just don't help in any form. I hope the new changes come in effect as quick as possible :)

• Seu_Madruga

Ahh, ok. Then, in this case, it still has some value on helping others. Did you ever get a best answer? I had a few and never got 50 points :( Is this really a thing?

• Idefizz

I got one "best answer" this morning and was rewarded the 50pts (on top of the initial 3pts for the answer).

I also got some in the old system, BEFORE the migration, also rewarded accordingly.

BUT a dozen+ were chosen "best answer" around the migration period BUT were NOT rewarded the 50pts. I wrote Fizz about it. Expecting an answer soon.

• Dgjf
    edited March 2021

Yes you can check by yourself each answer still give you the 3 points just like before. But you dont get point by doign nothing (receive kudo). The 50 point for the best answer should be still a think but i dont get one today so i cant be sure.

@idéfizz same here for the best answer during the migration i get some but not reward for it !

• Neptune
    Neptune Posts: 85 ✭✭

Good idea :)

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭

The new UI is nice, I can't wait to see the new reward structure.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

I agree that Fizz should counteract people who try to game the system. Why not increasing the standard amount of points awarded when answering a post from 3 to 5?

We don't get any points for kudos anymore after all. I think this would be a fair value - we try to engage here to increase our membership level and with only three points per answer that takes a looooooong time.

• Nicolas_R
    Nicolas_R Posts: 35 ✭✭

Hello,

Love the new look. It looks refined and clearer overall.

Good job guys !

• Dgjf

I think kudo is a good idea but the should just change the system. Instead of giving 20 kudo who give 5 point each (and 1 to you) so about 120 point per day. The should juste keep it but give like 1-2 point instead of 5 and no point for you. So people will have motivation to help people and get some point out of it. Because yes with 3 point its really slow when im compare my stat from before.

• Marina R. #37793
    Marina R. #37793 Posts: 168 ✭✭

Nice, I like the way it looks! Can't wait to see how we'll be able to make points now, though

• Idefizz

Hey @Whizz

Is this a new feature?

There can be more than one "Accepted Answer" ? And that would mean it is different than Best answer?

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭

looks better, load slowly. less points ! let s see how community like it !

• MTeasdale
    MTeasdale Posts: 137 ✭✭

Love the new look. Although, I understand some people were gaming the system, this will make getting levels a whole lot harder for most people, especially for the ones that joined Fizz after the first year.

• StefanM

Yes, you can already see a decline in participation.

• Dgjf

In the same time if this decilne mean no more false question to get point its not so bad.

• StefanM

@jeff3000 I agree, but in the old forum there were even more answers. I think just the simple fact that you got points for kudos motivated many to participate and answer questions.

Again, I do see the need to deal with people that excessively game the system - but I think they should create a system that is still rewarding while minimising trolls.

Interesting to see that most of the usual names, that used to participate heavily, seem to be no longer present 😂

• Dgjf

@StefanM if you mean Mike and Fizzy their are retired since the last day on the old forum so i dont thnik its because the new point system anayay they have soooo more point than necessary for the last level.

I think they should just put a maximum point you can get per day without changing the system if the problem is just people who get too many point per day.

• Chris_RefCode_AKTFR
    Chris_RefCode_AKTFR Posts: 180 ✭✭

my dreams of ever reaching level 5 are gone now

• Dgjf

YOU CAN DO IT :) it will juste take some week instead of some day but you can do it i have faith in you. Seriously you still can do it but it will be longuer your right.

Have a nice day :)

• Idefizz

Yup, I feel you. 😔 🎢

• StefanM

@jeff3000

Oh, I don't mean Mike and Fizzy. They have always been a strong force in the forum and very helpful. There are a few users that Suspected of gaming the system and I think my suspicions were correct :D

Maximum amount of points a day might be a good idea too!

• Whizz

Just need a little patience while we work and deliver some cool new ways of getting you ☝️ there

Jay

• StefanM

One thing I realised is that if somebody accepts an answer and then changes the "accepted answer" to another answer because it is better, no points are awarded. I think that shouldn't be the case, should it? @Whizz is this a bug?

• Whizz

Hey @StefanM

Thank you for raising this question. There can be multiple "accepted answers or Best answers" to a question. The points however, will go to the first response/reply that was accepted as an "Accepted answer".

I hope this answers your question🙂

Jay

• Brandon Y.
    Brandon Y. Posts: 13 ✭✭

Looks way better than before, but sad to see the kudos leave.

• dcmilano
    dcmilano Posts: 4 ✭✭

COOL FORUM!😍

• Seu_Madruga

@Whisper82 Hey! Today I had 2 answers selected as best, but I didn't get the bonus points. It was happening also in the old forum. Is it going to be fixed soon?

• Idefizz

You probably meant to write @ Whizz.

The problem you are experiencing is known (if you understand French, read this https://forum.fizz.ca/fr/discussion/comment/6561829 )

• Seu_Madruga

@Idefizz Yes! I just noticed it, tried to edit, but can't change anymore. Thanks for the link :)

@Whisper82 sorry to mark you (now twice!).

• JuanPa
    JuanPa Posts: 236 ✭✭

I’m not sure to understand what’s written in the first post. How come it’s written that we don’t get points for creating an answer, when we actually do get points? 3pts per answer I think, no?

• Dgjf

Its 3 point per answer yes. I dont see where they said you dont :)

• JuanPa

It’s literally written in the first post: There will be no more points given for creating an answer.

how so??

• Dgjf

Its create a question. Your right its and error the phrase should tell no more point for creating a question and the rest of the phrase is :

[ With all the content you’ve generated it would be wise for all to search before asking, especially with our new search bar – it’s quite awesome. ]

So you are right but its an error there not more point to ask a question but there still point to answer a question

• JuanPa

Oooh, ok I see... might be helpful to edit this error!

• Dgjf

You are right but the best ressource is here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-earn-perks-using-community and reply is in the get point section so at last its fine there.

• Idefizz

• With the above changes, there will be other initiatives we will introduce in the near future in offering new ways to earn points towards your Fizz loyalty program – stay tuned.

It has been 3 months today. 12 weeks.

😉

• Whizz

We have forgotten🙏, we're just making a few more tweaks. Thank you for your patience!

Jay