constant dropped connection in the H1E area ?

Options
Mike D. #16494
Mike D. #16494 Posts: 10 ✭✭
I have to keep rebooting the modem to connect- this isn't normal and speed isn't where its supposed to be, not for the MONEY I PAY

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,747 ✭✭
    Options
    Try to contact the support and let them monitor the quality of your signal

Did you already a factory reset?

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 30 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

It can be a problem with the cable or the hardware

You can contact Fizz support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM everyday:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,156 admin
    Options
    Hello Mike,
    I apologize for the status of your modem and the fact that you need to restart it so that you can refresh the connection.
    Because there is a need for some steps to be followed, I suggest you contact our support department.
    Our contact methods can be found on the following FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, you need to be connected into your account and click on Help, which is on mid-right of your screen, then click on Contact Us, or simply click on the link I've provided.
    Keep in mind that the answer on Facebook messenger is not in real-time and a delay can be between your question and our answer, that is why I suggest you contact us by chat for a better resolution in realtime.
    In the meantime, I suggest you check the steps Mike suggested and the FAQ he provided.
    Have a good one!
    Nicolae Bogdan
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Mike,
    For my experience,
    Be sure to put in the reset button 35,40 seconds.
    Less than that is not enough, i think.
    I hope your plan will be fonctional after reset your Fizz modem.
  • Anne-laure F.
    Anne-laure F. Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello Mike, it seems like a technical issue. I suggest you contact Fizz directly to get it resolved.
    -----
    HOW TO CONTACT FIZZ by Chat:
    Make your way to the Solution Hub.
    On the help page pertaining to your issue, click on the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner.
    Our business hours.
    The chat service is available every day from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST. The chat bubble won’t appear outside of these business hours.
    -----
    HOW TO CONTACT FIZZ on Facebook:
    Leave a message on Facebook.
    If demand is too high or it’s out of our business hours, leave us a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter private. We’ll get back to you so you don’t have to waste your precious time waiting around.
    ----
    Don't hesitate to give me a heart and/or mark my answer as the best if it was useful to you.
    Have a great day ! :)
This discussion has been closed.