Internet stalled

Trang H. #1161
Trang H. #1161 Posts: 20 ✭✭
Sometime my internet stalls for a few minutes then goes back automatically. Do you guys experience similar problem? Is this because of internet connection or the modem? I'm using the modem/router Fizz gave me, thinking of switching to my own router but not sure it's the problem...
Thanks.

Answers

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 577 ✭✭
    No I don't.
    This is not normal. It could be a modem/router issue.
    You should contact Fizz
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Trang,
    I dont find it normal.
    For my own experience, my modem is completely fonctionnal all the time.
    Try to reset your modem: put in a needle at the center , back of the modem for about 35,40 seconds, release and
    Wait until 3,4, minutes until you see all the lights on. It can maybe solde your problem.
    If not,
    Please, ask for support to Fizz.
    Your modem has maybe some problems.
    The chat online is available from 8h00 to 21h00 each day.
    First, get to your account online.
    Then, type this adress:
    https://fizz.ca/en/solutions
    Wait until you see the green chat bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your session is on with Fizz.
  • Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Looks like a technical issue to me contact support so they can check it up
  • sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭
    Couple of minutes is the time to synchronize.
    Check the led to see if you lost the signal.
    Ask Fizz to test your line remotely
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Modem issue, please contact the support ASAP
  • Sarina P. #1876
    Sarina P. #1876 Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Looks like there is something wrong with your internet connection its like its loosing sync with the modem
  • Lucas A. #13141
    Lucas A. #13141 Posts: 354 ✭✭
    Never happened to me, but I’m using my own router. Do you restart your modem from time to time?
  • Nini G. #13860
    Nini G. #13860 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭
    Never encountered any problems, communicate with them by messenger, that’s what works best for me.Good luck with this issue.
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭

No it's not normal, at least not when using the modem in bridge mode (using your own router). I cannot comment on whether this is a problem when using the Fizz router.

As others mentioned, check the lights on the modem when this happens to see if there is a change (something off or blinking instead of being solid), also the up/downstream should be blue, so if it's green that could be another indication.

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Not normal at all. Been with Fizz almost a month and never had any such issue.
  • hc0468
    hc0468 Posts: 168 ✭✭

I experienced this on my first day with Fizz: https://community.fizz.ca/questions/2197579-modem-randomly-rebooting

To diagnose better, check the Fizz modem/router's web administration page to see if the device rebooted at a time corresponding to your internet stall. It can be reached at 192.168.0.1 if you use it as a router, or at 192.168.100.1 if you have it in bridged mode.

Check the "LAN Up Time" on the Status page. If the uptime is the amount of time since your internet interruption, it is due to the device rebooting. If not, check for other possible causes, such as faulty ethernet cable, or configuration issues, or wifi issues, etc.

If you provide more details it will be easier to suggest solutions. And of course if none of this helps, contact support.

• Alejandra D.
    Alejandra D. Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Hc gave a very detailed answer !
    Tell us if you got it solved.
  • Hao7
    Hao7 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    My experience is the connection problem on the cable. If everything looks good for you, ask Fizz sending a technician.
  • Alejandra D.
    Alejandra D. Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Are you back on track with a solid connection ? Let us know what happened.
  • As other suggested, contacting Fizz might be the best thing to do.
  • Thanh S.
    Thanh S. Posts: 360 ✭✭
    I would suggest you speak with an employee.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Hello Trang,
    I'm really sorry to hear about this situation!
    If it's still present, I'm kindly asking you to contact us in private by chat or Facebook Messenger. Please check the info provided on the following links: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    https://facebook.com/fizzca.
    Have a great weekend!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.