Prolonged period outside of subscription area?

Dan S. #1557
Dan S. #1557 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I will soon be starting seasonal work in Nfld for the next 6 months. I will be within the coverage area on a partner network, but definitely outside the subscription area, Ottawa in my case. The fizz policy on this is pretty clear:

"We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles."

My question to the Fizz police, do I terminate my Fizz plan in favour of an national carrier?, or can I apply for an exception and remain a Fizz member?

Answers

• __________
    __________ Posts: 2,610 ✭✭
    Maybe should you contact them directly by chat considering the fact that we are just subscribers like you and not the Fizz police.
  • GOAT
    GOAT Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Might be worth trying, see how well it works, and see if they do end up terminating you. You can easily sign up with another provider if/when that happens.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,888 ✭✭

Dan, like you wrote, the Fizz policy is pretty clear.

If you have been a customer for many months, it's a good idea to contact Fizz support to see if you can apply for an exception to remain a Fizz member. Let us know the outcome.

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,888 ✭✭

@Goat, my concern with waiting for termination, is will your number be available for porting once that happens?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,070 admin
    Hey @Dan,
    Unfortunately, there are no exceptions we can make in your situation. Maybe in the future :)
    Jay
  • Stéphane B. 10644
    Stéphane B. 10644 Posts: 785 ✭✭
    I'm sure in a year from now, many nice features (and exceptions) will be in place. At this time, basic standard needs are covered.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,070 admin
    @Stéphane - I couldn't agree more :)
    Jay
This discussion has been closed.