Porting Issue ( Textnow to Fizz)

Options
kamy
kamy Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited February 19 in My Mobile

I am trying to port the textnow number to Fizz. Textnow support team gave me all the precise porting information including the SIM PIN and their porting support email address for any issues.

Created an ticket with Fizz and waited for 5 days and said me - it cant be done. But pretty sure, if they would have really tired connecting with Textnow porting team.

Support team gave the same answer as what website could say even after 5 days of troubleshooting . Can someone help me resolve this one

Best Answer

Answers

• kamy
    Options

Thanks . But now I am trying to get a new phone fizz number in my area calgary. There are no new numbers available in the area - popping up in my screen. I have no idea.. I want to join Fizz.

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,505 ✭✭
    edited February 16
    Options

Since you wrote that you are an ex Fizz customer, are you using a new or the old account?

If you are using the old account, the address is the one in Calgary?

But if it is like this it seems that only the support can help you out

@Whizz probably you can look on this

• kamy
    Options

Yes, pls someone look into my account - I can furnish my account details here , if you like to

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,505 ✭✭
    Options
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,232 admin
    Options

Hello kamy,

I just verified your account and I noticed that the transfer was not possible as it was indeed registered as a VOIP phone line, also, since you are using a SIM card that was active three years ago, this may also be a source of the issue.
    Normally old technology SIM cards should not even allow the activation process to start as they should not be working anymore. I can see that our colleagues suggested purchasing a new SIM card and retrying.
    If the situation persists with the new SIM card, feel free to contact our customer service representatives, using this FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/support.
    I will also close this conversation as well as https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2648612/not-able-to-get-a-phone-number-from-the-list since they cover the same subject. 

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator. 

This discussion has been closed.