Pixel 8 - VoLTE Option Greyed Out, People Cannot Hear Me When They Call Me
I recently moved my service from Koodo to Fizz and purchased a Pixel 8 (Android 14, all updates installed) from Fizz. Love the phone, BUT:
- People cannot hear me when they call me (one bar of service in Ottawa)
- VoLTE option is greyed out on the phone
- The wifi calling option is not present at all
- I have done EVERYTHING googling and reading this forum (as I see it was a problem with the Pixel 7 last year) has suggested, so please don't ask me if I have done the obvious things like "turn phone on and off"; "remove and reinstall SIM card"; "contact Google" (this is not their issue, it's a Fizz issue) and the like.
- The only thing that people says works is to install the Shizuku app which, if I understand correctly, lets you manually adjust the phone's registry (or whatever phone software calls this; I am a web programmer and we call them registries!) settings to enable VoLTE. However, I'm a bit leary about installing this - is it sketchy? Is it going to leave me open to malware?
- Does anyone have any suggestions specifically for the Pixel 8 - the Pixel 7 suggestions in this forum and online do not apply to the Pixel 8.
Any help is much appreciated! (Longtime Pixel user: history: Pixel 3, Pixel 4a, Pixel 6, and now Pixel 8)
P.S. My husband has inherited my Pixel 6, and VoLTE option is also greyed out on his phone. Just checked his version and he is on Android 14, all up to date. I used this Pixel 6 on Koodo with no issues. Starting to think my switch to Fizz was not a good idea if I can't make phone calls.