Roaming does not work in the USA

Options
Guilherme B.
Guilherme B. Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in My Mobile

I have two phones with the same plan, and purchased 2GB for each of them before flying to the US. Both are old phones.

Data roaming works fine on Galaxy A20, but the Galaxy J7 Prime does not find the network (even though it did work fine before we left Canada). The Fizz site shows that I have 2GB available for the J7 Prime in the USA. I have checked the configuration several times and compared to the configuration I have in the A20 - they both seem to be equivalent.

What else could be missing?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,151 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hi @Guilherme B.

Please check that the network operator is configured in automatic. Or try to put in manual to see if the phone can detect other networks, you can also pick one from the list for test, however, put back in automatic after.

Try to put the phone in airplane mode for 30 seconds and/or reboot it

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Guilherme B.
    Guilherme B. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jess_i88b6, thanks for the reply.

I have tried to select automatically. I have already tried to select manually. In that case, only T-mobile showed up, but the phone was not able to register to that network. I rebooted the phone after each attempt.

One particular aspect is that the other phone shows it is connected to AT&T. But the J7 does not locate AT&T.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,151 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

If you don't see the operators, it means that your phone is not able to see it, which lead to missing some frequency in order to be compatible with ATT&T or Verizone . Then that phone is not compatible in that area

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,604 ✭✭
    Options

Agree, as the last resort you can force your phone to use 2G and select T-Mobile manually (the speed will be very slow if it will work).

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,514 admin
    Options

Hello Guilherme B.  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

To confirm that the Sim card works atleast, you could test it in the phone that`s working and if it`s working, then the issue is coming directly from the Galaxy J7 Prime ( as Jess stated, it simply might not be compatible with either of the three networks in USA that are our partner networks , AT&T, T-Mobile , Verizon ).

If the Sim does not work though in the Galaxy A20 , reach our colleagues on Live chat : https://fizz.ca/en/support for further investigations.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul

This discussion has been closed.