Been getting a lot of buffering during peak hours (7-11pm) while streaming.... I read Fizz doesnt have bandwidth throttling, but its clearly not the case.
Any have similar problems?
Fizz have a throttling only on upload for the 100mbps and more
it can be a problem in your sector, please contact the support at that period asking to monitor your signal
You can chat in direct
• Sign into your account
• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do
• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
• Choose the option 💬 chat
• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.
Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/
Any access of 100 Mbps or more is subject to the traffic management policy. For more details, visit https://fizz.ca/en/faq/internet-traffic-management-policy
Along with the speed of your plan, you should not underestimate the importance of your modem’s location, and the distance between the connected device and your modem.
- The location: Don’t install your Wi-Fi modem in the basement, but in the centre of the house, in an open space, without physical obstacles. In other words, hiding it behind the aquarium, or in the back of the closet is not a good idea. Also keep it away from interfering devices like the microwave or baby monitor.
- The distance: The farther away the device, the more the speed decreases, and the device ends up receiving a residual speed.
Here are a few approximate examples of average use (it should be noted that the flows shown in the table are when the wireless connection is ideal, without interference or congestion):
Read this thread : https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2640943/please-stop-throttling-my-internet#latest
my speed is 120/20.... youre saying if I lower it to 60/10 the issue would go away?
Modem is about 4 metres away
here at 30/10 and the speed is always between 32 and 35
ok, im streaming through Amazon Firestick.... as mentioned, the throttling/buffering happens only during peak hours in the evening.
They say a VPN would solve the problem too, but if all I have to do is get a lower speed, I can live with that.
Have you done any speed tests? What does it say?
I don't know the 60/10 it depends on your needs
right now im not having any issues but its 115.
Ive had issues all week, though. Im expecting it to happen again soon.
Ok and do you know what kind of speed you were getting when you experienced the throttling?
With which site were you streaming and with which quality settings? The bottleneck is sometimes the server side.
1. Maybe your problem has something to with the channel allocation of Wi-Fi (wireless channel ). Trying to change the channel could solve your problem.
1.1 Wi-Fi and microwaves do not really mix... Try to move your modem to a different location in your place could help with the signal. ( A good connection of cable is a must! )
2. Try a hard reset, would reconnect you through new nodes to Fizz.
I hope that helps.
Your point 1 in particular is a good hypothesis, if some neighbours are using intensive wifi on the same channel some times. Restarting the modem at that time could help (it would automatically allocate another channel).
The throttling is only for the upload, I believe is more a congestion in your sector.
Did you try to contact the support ? Or ask some of your neighbour that use the videotron cable to see if they have problems?
Given the timeframe (7-11 pm) it could be related to congestions of the line due to higher traffic...