Please stop throttling my Internet

Options
anon71
anon71 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Internet

I've been having Internet issues for MONTHS now but the past several weeks it has gotten worse. My Internet cuts out completely and I have to restart the modem. It slows down to a crawl and I have to restart the modem again.

But on top of this, FIZZ IS THROTTLING MY INTERNET.

This was my Internet speed just a few minutes ago:

And this is after activating my VPN which, for some reason, makes Fizz stop the throttling:

This is not an issue with my equipment but is very deliberate throttling from the part of Fizz.

Please stop. Internet and mobile plans in Canada are already pure hell but getting throttled on top is just disgusting.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @anon71 !

I looked over your plan and then at the modem that you have which showed me that that its performance wasn't up to par with what it was made to do. So in this case it isn't us throttling your internet but your modem struggling to perform due to poor signals from it to our server.

I would recommend for you to contact us via our Live Chat or other platforms available so that we can have something done in regards to this and have your experience back to how it should be.

Here is our Support page: https://fizz.ca/en/support

Cheers!

-Paul 🖖

Answers

This discussion has been closed.