edited April 2023 in Internet

I have no home internet since morning

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,065 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Georgi P.

Quebec peoples experienced significant problems with their electricity and internet connection. The ice caused power outages, which in turn disrupted the internet connection. The extreme weather conditions made it difficult for technicians to reach the affected areas and restore service promptly. Many users were left without internet access for extended periods, causing frustration and disruption to their daily routines. Some users even resorted to using their mobile data to connect to the internet, which resulted in additional expenses.

The icy weather also caused physical damage to the infrastructure, such as the transmission towers and cables. The weight of the ice accumulated on these structures caused them to collapse or break, which further hindered the restoration of service. Fizz's technicians worked tirelessly to repair the damage caused by the ice, but the extreme conditions made the task extremely challenging.

It can be a power outage nearby your house (around 1000m) or a branch that cut a videotron cable

This is what Fizz posted https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

You can always contact the support, but you need to be patient

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,474 ✭✭
    Options

Please be patient

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,806 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Georgi P.

many breakdowns today due to weather conditions

• hpmfm
    hpmfm Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

Me too, I live in Longueuil

• HW
    HW Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

I also don't have home internet service since this morning and I live in Beaubien and Des Ecores.

So hopefully they will do the repairs soon.

Good luck and stay safe everyone.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,806 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Montreal is we were spared

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,984 ✭✭
    Options

Crossing fingers

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,984 ✭✭
    Options

Did you got it fixed?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,193 admin
    Options

Hello @Georgi P.!

Sorry to hear about the situation encountered!

I’ve managed to take a look at the connection, and I could see that there’s maintenance work happening in your area, affecting your service. This maintenance work is most likely caused by the icy rain from the previous days.

As soon as this maintenance work is over, your internet connection will be automatically restored. Of course, you can reboot your Wi-Fi modem from time to time to make sure your connection is indeed refreshed.

We’re truly sorry for this, lots of regions have been affected by this bad weather however I can assure you that this has been put on our highest priority.

If there’s anything else we can help you with in the meantime, please, let us know.

Have a wonderful day, and take care!

-Ionut

This discussion has been closed.