Not receiving any SMS from anyone

Options
Brian H.
Brian H. Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in My Mobile

Last SMS received on Dec 24th, but only noticed yesterday as I'm back to work. I'm not able to receive any message from anyone.

Already tried all the restarting, resetting SMSC tricks, no luck.

Tried my SIM on another phone, same issue. Tried other Fizz SIM on my phone, and it worked. So it's obvious that something is wrong with Fizz SIM.

Already opened a ticket but nothing changed after 24 hours. That's not right.

How much longer will it take? I need my SMS to work.😕

Best Answer

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,035 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please @Brian H.

Contact the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

• Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814

• By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

Answers

• Brian H.
    Options

I see three other people had the same issue in 2022, and one guy had exactly the same issue as me - can't receive any SMS, while sending SMS is fine.

https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/2633349/why-cant-i-receive-fizz-sms-message

I'm very curious why such problem would happen to individual user.

• ric350
    ric350 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Jessy_ref_i88b6 Not criticism, but a suggestion. I'm new here but I have years of experience in IT. This habit of cut & paste answers to get points is all over bad reviews on Trustpilot. The OP stated that he has a ticket, so he already contacted support. He has done good troubleshooting procedures. Why give a useless "Microsoft" style answer? I don't think it helps promoting Fizz. Please, I want it to be a positive remark.

I think that the level 2 techs are overloaded by high demands and it takes much longer to solve issues.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,035 ✭✭
    Options

@ric350

For this kind of problems we can only refer to use the customers service, posting here doesn't help anyone.

What we can do? We can only point users to the right guide, sometime giving some tips that we had by our experience. If the first level support is able to open a ticket and nothing more, what you think that we can do here as user?

• Brian H.
    Options

I've been using Fizz for 3 years, I have two phone plans and one internet. The services have been stable so far except the SMS at the beginning, which was expected during beta. and I've been recommending Fizz to all my friends.

But why these types of services (SMS) would break on an individual person from time to time. If it happens to a large group of people it makes sense, like what happened to Rogers not long time ago.

How does Fizz run its services? The status of service page says everything is fine and yet it's raining here above my head. I have a big question mark how reliable Fizz service actually is. Maybe behind the wall, things are a mess and that explains what I observed here, a few unlucky individuals get caught in it. and the fact that my ticket hasn't been processed after 48 hrs, means that a few unlucky individuals might actually be a lot.

I would consider switching provider since that's the only thing a user can do when he's not happy.

• raylstl
    raylstl Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Having a similar experience, with customer service being unable to provide any basic help despite spending about 5 hours today trying to get the problem fixed. Ended up suggesting the SIM card might be causing the root cause, went outside and bought one. Trying to activate it online, of course the website crashes when you try to navigate in the "replace sim card" section... had to spend another 30 minute in queue to talk to another agent who then decided that it was cool to assign me a brand new number... oh well atleast I was able to receive sms... Of course I had clicked the link on the steps to follow after a new sim activation.. so the chat window was now closed.. Spent another 30 mintues in queue to get my old number back.

Got my old number back.. but back to square one not receiving sms anymore.. can't wait to spend another day getting told "have you tried rebooting your cellphone?" This company simply does not value the time of its customers at all.

• Brian H.
    Options

Obviously I'm frustrated, I had to go to office yesterday because I could'nt use VPN, because I couldn't receive any SMS, and got into a car accident on my way home. Not my fault but my front bumper got busted, luckily no one's hurt.

This morning I received an email from support team stating it's resovled, which is not true. I still can't receive any SMS, just tested.

Support team should have some basic tools to test it, like sending a SMS to the number and make sure it's atually reached its destination, before saying it's resovled.

• ric350
    ric350 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

@Brian H. , Sorry I couldn't resist please forgive me, if you're lucky @Jessy_ref_i88b6 is going to do a copy & paste again to explain all the different ways to reach support. I sympathize with you.

I still think that the techs are working hard but they must be really overloaded. I know, it's not resolving your issue.

• Brian H.
    Options

Thank goodness at last it's working now. Looks like the ticket is still hot so after chatting with support team the techs looked at it again and fixed it right away.

I won't blame @Jessy_ref_i88b6 actually I still appreciate the effort even it's just copy&paste, it's not useful in my case since I've exhausted all tricks regarding that issue, but it might help someone who's not familiar with these.

I got flooded with over 30 SMS at 12:00, and obviously I missed some merry christmas and happy new year texts and I hope I didn't leave them the impression that I forgot them or worse...

I do need to consider replacing one of my phone plans with a more reliable one, putting eggs in a different basket just in case.

Anyways, Merry X'mas and Happy 2023 everyone and @ric350 I hope you won't have to wait 3 days to get your problem fixed.

😀

• Brian H.
    Options

sorry it's @raylstl who has the problem with SMS.

This discussion has been closed.