SMS not working for short bouts of time

Aether
Aether Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited November 2022 in My Mobile

Hi everyone.

My SMS, since around 12:00am, has not been working consistently. SMS takes long periods of time to send, and sometimes simply fails to send — I have to attempt to send sometimes 5-6x for a message to get thru. Receiving messages also happens in an intermittent manner, working after a few minutes, not working after a few more.

is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Is there a fix in sight?

-Æther

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,084 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Aether!

Sorry to hear about what you are going through. I would like to propose a few general solutions to you to see if they can help you. If they don't, we will be looking forward to helping you on our platforms. 

-Try putting the number of the contact you want to text manually and send a message-Put the SIM card in another phone and try texting through it.-See if your number is configured to the SMSC (Short Message Service Center)
    They way to check and configure it varies between Android and iPhone:
    Verification on Android: Applications → Touch the Messaging icon → Context Menu (the three points at the top of the screen) → Settings → More Settings → Text Messages

Configuration on Android: Dial *#*#4636#*#* from your phone keypad → Phone Information → SMSC: Update with +14385200092

Verification on iPhone: Dial *#5005*7672# → Press the key to place the call.

Configuration on iPhone: Dial **5005*7672*+14385200092# → Press the key to place the call.

If you will need further help, here's our support page from where you can contact us:https://fizz.ca/en/support

Make sure that you are logged into your account and look for the green bubble that is on the lower right corner of the page. Click it and you will see how you can contact us. 

Have a good one!
    -Paul

This discussion has been closed.