Visual Voicemail cannot be activated

Chris X.
Chris X. Posts: 48 ✭✭

Hi all,

Wondering if someone has the same question as I did- I was excited to have the visual voicemail when I got the email yesterday but upon checking the instructions, and I followed them, I couldn’t activate it, nor can I find the option for it. Is this because I don’t have an active data plan (although I do have data from rewards)?

thanks!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Chris X.,

Yes, in order to use the visual voicemail your plan needs to have the basic voicemail option and mobile data included in the basic plan (data from rollovers, upgrades, etc. won't work).
    Here you can find more information about how the visual voicemail works and what you need in order to use it: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-visual-voicemail-and-how-does-it-work
    You can also follow the thread Oury mentioned. 
    if you still experience any issue please contact our support. 

Have a lovely day,
    -Alex

Answers

• YM89
    YM89 Posts: 1 ✭✭

Are you using ios? If yes, do you have the latest version? Because it unfortunately does not work on older versions.

• Amc
    Amc Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same for me, and i do have data… i have ios 14 something, not the latest (15), is that really why it’s not working?

on top of that, i lost the voicemail direct access, i had messages and no notifications… 😡

• Oury
    Oury Posts: 243 ✭✭

I beleive the solution to your problem is written here.

1. In short, If you power-cycled your device and are still having the same issue, please send the following text: "STATE to 44744" this should do the trick.

• Does anyone else have difficulty activating on Android devices? When I click 'activate' on my phone, the app appears to crash (takes me to the homescreen) and doesn't activate. (If I click the app again, the same prompt to activate always appears.)

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭

The thing that worked for me, on iOS, is texting STATE to 44744.

This discussion has been closed.