Outage in Montréal?

Kyttee
Kyttee Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi! I'm in Hochelaga(H1W) and my home internet has been down since about 7:30am. Anyone else? Anyone know what's happening?

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin

Hello Kyttee, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    Checking your Fizz modem's connection I could see that the modem is offline. I have tried to perform a modem reset from my end. Can you please make sure that the modem is well connected to the coaxial cable and outlet?

I would also suggest you try to take the modem off the electrical outlet, leave it closed for 5-10 minutes and turn it back on.
    I also suggest you check the following FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-interne... for additional information.

Remember that you have posted your question on our community forum, thus, I suggest you contact us in private by following the FAQ above mentioned. On it, you will find a "?", press on it and there are our contact methods. 

We apologize for this unpleasant situation.
    Have a nice day.
    -Bogdan

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,662 ✭✭

Hi Kyttee

Try restarting your modem by unplugging it for 1 minute, then plug it back in and wait a few minutes for the modem to restart.

What lights do you see?

• The 1st light on top should be solid green.
    • The next 2 lights must be blue and steady.
    • The 4th light should be solid green.
    • If the 2 lights with the arrow symbol are solid blue, try connecting directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable to see if the internet is working.
    • If one of the 2 LEDs with the arrow symbol is not solid blue, you have a problem with the coaxial cable signal, so maybe you have a problem in your area.

If the problem persists, try a return to the factory values ​​(factory reset) of your modem, thus resetting the modem to factory conditions, by pressing in the small button on the back of the box with a paper clip for 10+ seconds. Then wait 3-4 minutes before trying. You will have to re-enter the codes shown on the modem initially.

If nothing changes, chat with Fizz, they can help

• Check if there is an incident or maintenance work performed in your area affecting the services.
    • Check your account status to make sure your plan is active and payments are up-to-date.
    • Check the status of your modem if it is operating within optimal settings, if its signals are within operating ranges, and also its history (such as recent signal fluctuations). They can check for packet loss or broadcast congestion.

To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g.  https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. At the bottom right, look for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Computer version" in your settings.
    6. Write your question, add a screenshot or a photo of your modem if it is relevant 
    7. Immediately AFTER the number of clients preceding you will be displayed in order to manage your wait. It's updated in real time

• Kyttee
    Kyttee Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi! I've checked all the coax in my apartment and nothing seems out of place. I've rebooted as well as unplugged the modem several times. I've tried changing the DNS settings (since it's been an issue in the past).

My modem is on, I can connect through wifi but the modem won't connect to WAN.

I've done all the normal troubleshooting I can do and I can only assume that the connection issue is outside of my access.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Try a neighbour to see if they have same issue ?

This discussion has been closed.