My home internet dropped - Montreal

Options
Ikaissou
Ikaissou Posts: 9 ✭✭

I live in Montreal and my home internet dropped at around 9:40 this morning. Is someone else having the same issue?

Answers

• Anne-Tso
    Anne-Tso Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

my router looks normal but the connection comes and goes. first time this happens.

• PAVEL N.
    PAVEL N. Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

The same here

• ygravel001
    ygravel001 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

Same here, Laval.

• Deividdo
    Deividdo Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi all. It seems my internet is down and won’t reconnect after a mini power outtage in Hochelaga. Have restted the modem twice, no luck. Anybody having the same issue?

• ygravel001
    ygravel001 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

Same here, Laval.

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same. Verdun

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Anne-Tso

Hi,

I suggest you to contact the customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Axterix04
    Axterix04 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Same here

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@Ikaissou

Hi,

I suggest you to contact the customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, than click on it to start your chat session with the customer service.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca.

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

I know there was a massive power glitch earlier this morning, and affected a very wide area. I was on a Teams meeting, and we were at least 10 people, from various areas of montreal/laval and south shore, and many of us experienced the glitch at the same time. Many of us were not disconnected since we have UPS devices on our equipment, but those who didn't did freeze up for a few seconds before they came back.

It may have affected a few optical repeaters in the videotron network also.

• Axterix04
    Axterix04 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Same here, downtown

• Anne-Tso
    Anne-Tso Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options

oh wow! thanks for sharing!

• Deividdo
    Options

fizz status says everything’s fine. What donwe do from here, just wait it out?

• Marcelo S. #23044
    Options

My internet connection stopped to work around 9h40 today.

What's happening?

• Deividdo
    Options

Same here in Hochelaga

• Marcelo S. #23044
    Options

Same in Le Plateau Mont-Royal

• pachesnel
    pachesnel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same in villeray!

• Emporium
    Options

I know there was a massive power glitch earlier this morning, and affected a very wide area. I was on a Teams meeting, and we were at least 10 people, from various areas of montreal/laval and south shore, and many of us experienced the glitch at the same time. Many of us were not disconnected since we have UPS devices on our equipment (but we heard UPS kick in), but those who didn't did freeze up for a few seconds before they came back.

• Emporium
    Options

I know there was a massive power glitch earlier this morning, and affected a very wide area. I was on a Teams meeting, and we were at least 10 people, from various areas of montreal/laval and south shore, and many of us experienced the glitch at the same time. Many of us were not disconnected since we have UPS devices on our equipment, but those who didn't did freeze up for a few seconds before they came back.

• Emporium
    Options

• lightninginsky
    lightninginsky Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

same here, NDG

• Emeric-Valentine
    Emeric-Valentine Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Options

Same here Hochelaga

• pachesnel
    pachesnel Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

same here, villeray

• YobRiv
    YobRiv Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

Same here Terrebonne

• Mylene A. #37652
    Options

Here also I'm in saint-henri montreal

• JUAN DAVID ABREO
    Options

is internet down here in Boisbriand QC?

• dazhuang
    dazhuang Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same. Candiac

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@JUAN DAVID ABREO

Hi,

I think so, many users have reported this issue...

• Doan2021
    Doan2021 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Same in Longueuil

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Options

Hi All,

Please note that we are currently experiencing difficulties with our internet service. Please restart your modem, wait a few minutes and the service should return to normal.

Thank you for your understanding.

The Fizz Team

• Eugene T.
    Eugene T. Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Same in La Prairie, but now it's back.

• Ikaissou
    Options

It is back on my side. Verdun.

• pperras66
    pperras66 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Il me semble que cela arrive souvent depuis environ 2 semaines!?!?! En plein jour quand tout le monde télétravaillent!!!

• Emporium
    Options

Yup.. Many people have reported it in various parts of Montreal and surrounding areas off island.

I know there was a massive power glitch earlier this morning, and affected a very wide area. I was on a Teams meeting, and we were at least 10 people, from various areas of montreal/laval and south shore, and many of us experienced the glitch at the same time. Many of us were not disconnected since we have UPS devices on our equipment (but we heard UPS kick in), but those who didn't did freeze up for a few seconds before they came back.

I would have assumed that their equipment would be back online already. A Power cycle of your modem at this stage would not hurt also.

• Emporium
    Options

opos.. sorry for the multiple posts in this thread.. Looks like my laptop needed a reboot :) Doing strange things..

• modraza
    modraza Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Back in Plateau too, but I've lost faith now. When it was down there was no way to connect/call FIZZ to report the outage. Twitter hasn't been updated since 2020, and fizz.ca was offline.

• pperras66
    pperras66 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Do we know if Videotron's customer have the same problem???

• Yanis G.
    Yanis G. Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

Same in Rivière des prairies 👍

I work from home and this isn't a good time for a bug like that

• Emporium
    Options

Pretty sure it is, since it is all the same lines, same equipment on their end, and same network overall.

• Brian S. #39943
    Options

Lost internet around 9:40, Montreal. Came back around 10:25.

Videotron also lost internet service.

• RanRan
    RanRan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Mine in Montreal still doesn’t work…. I am going mad right now, no one from the customer service is responding to my problem. I can’t believe that I wasted my whole morning fixing this funny problem and it still doesn’t work.🤡

• JCFLO
    JCFLO Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Is there something else we can do beside restarting and resetting the modem? It hasn't worked for almost 2 hours now.

• Deividdo
    Options

Back online as of 30 mins ago in Hochelaga

• Manon J. #31266
    Options

Même chose à cowansville j'ai redémarrer et marche pas plus

• marinee
    marinee Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

Its a 12:06 pm and i dont have internet since 9:30. I need to work, and the fucking internet not worksss. Some one has internet maintenant?

• RanRan
    RanRan Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Same here, still doesn’t have internet, no body from the customer service responses to my questions at all tho.

• Ikaissou
    Options

Here is the answer that I got from Fizz:

This discussion has been closed.