What is going on with the TV Packages and....am I speaking to a real company that people work for?

Dominic V. #863
Dominic V. #863 Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited July 12 in Internet

I was going to start off by simply replying to the email I just got about a service that doesn't presently exist, but I saw that it was from a no reply address. So then I went to look at the support options, and -yes, this was reproduced across multiple platforms- it turned out that those are also buttons for pages that don't exist. Then I talked to the messenger robot that doesn't do anything, and it said it would retrieve a live human who also turned out to not exist. Since there is very literally nothing else to do with this email except to post it publicly as a "question," here it is:

"Hello,

I've been a Fizzer since you guys launched and I'm a huge fan. I took a gamble on signing with the new guys, you've done right by me, and I've been with you ever since. So please don't take what I'm about to express as emotionally charged or a form of put-down or insult. The reality is that there's something important about your company that I -along with the rest of your customers present and future- need you to understand and I'm going to communicate it very bluntly. I'm taking this email
you've sent out as an opportunity to fully explain an ongoing issue with you, because the email I'm replying to represents a significant example that I hope will be a learning opportunity for the company.

When I go around evangelizing about how great Fizz is, the lack of a functioning website continues to be the thing that my friends always come back and talk about. You need to rebuild this thing from the ground up, because it has never worked and continues to be by far the biggest and most glaring issue with a really great little company.

Firstly, the instructions listed in the email below are imprecise. You make it appear as though "add
a tv plan" is the last thing we need to click before "selecting channels" and so on, but no "add a tv plan" button appears. "Add a Tv Plan" is the name of a section with two buttons. I'd be understanding of this were it not for what those buttons are, what they do, and more importantly;
what they don't do. 

The two buttons are "how it works" and "build my plan." The first of these successfully leads to a page that describes how it is alleged to work. Unfortunately, the "Build my plan" button simply refreshes the landing page. I have no evidence that you even built whatever the page is supposed to be, but if you have, you have not successfully given me access to it, so what we're left with is that it's just as though you haven't built it at all. Many such instances have always existed throughout your website.

If you're still not yet ready to launch a new, proper website, at least fix this instance because it's uniquely embarrassing. You've taken the time to email everybody about something that you're not actually ready to sell them, and I promise you that your customers are not going to be so intrigued as to spend time investigating a product offering that doesn't appear to exist. We like you, but not so much that we're going to investigate and jump through all sorts of hoops that your competitors don't put us through for the privilege of giving you our money.

I can't think of an understandable reason for this to be the case at this time. Please do not send me something about operating systems, choices of browser, etc. I've tried it across multiple very mainstream set-ups that just about everything work on, and these set-ups cover close enough to 100% of your users between them. More importantly, such excuses haven't been legitimate since years before you guys launched, let alone today. It is both cheap and easy to make a good, simple, and universally functional website from which to sell your product offerings.

Again, please don't take it badly despite how harsh as it sounds. It's not exaggerated or at all mean-spirited. It's literal, and I wouldn't have taken the time to write it out for a company that I didn't like. I just want you guys to continue to grow and be successful. And yes, when you're ready, I will be back to look into your TV packages.

Sincerely,

Dominic"

Best Answer

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You need an internet package before you can enter beta testing for their TV option.

The TV option is delivered through their internet subscription.

You should be able to add TV once you have a valid internet plan.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,931 ✭✭

Here we are users, I read about other people having a similar problem

When you say multiple platform, are you mean about browsers or OS?

I am always using firefox, if you didn't try with it in private mode to see if it will make any difference.

Regarding contacting the support, it seems pretty difficult latelly I don't know why

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 1,009 ✭✭

I guess they still have a lot of work ahead of them.

• Dominic V. #863

I should have elaborated more on this I guess, and "platform" was not the right word. I typically use Firefox on Windows, but tried combinations of Firefox and Chrome across both my Windows PC and my Android phone. Per your suggestion, I tried private mode and it refused to load the website at all. I appreciate your suggestions.

• Dominic V. #863

I was responding directly to a marketing email they sent out to people with an internet plan; I've been using their internet service since the day they started offering that as well.

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 838 ✭✭

that sucks. unfortunately that was always the downside of fizz. maybe as more people complain they will improve the system.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,498 admin
    edited July 12

Hello Dominic V. #863 

I am sorry for the situation encountered.

In regards to the Fizz TV subscription we've encountered some issues that should be fixed now by our technical team.

Since we are still in Beta, there’s always room for improvement and that’s what we are doing daily to assure that the service is 100% functional before fully releasing it. Thank you very much for your interest in our TV services.

In order to resolve any issue you encounter, please contact our customer service team using these steps:

directly from your Fizz account → My settings → Contact forms

or through our platforms by accessing this link, then clicking on the green bubble icon : https://fizz.ca/en/support

Thank you for your understanding!

Have a wonderful day!

-Ingrid, Community Moderator 

• grmaltais
    grmaltais Posts: 2 ✭✭
    In the same boat here. It was actually functional for me, was almost finished with my "order" when I noticed I had made a slight mistake on my channel selection. Tried to go back and ever since, it's impossible to load the "build my plan". I select an address and boom: infinite loading. The browser dev tools console just hands over a bunch of errors about their frontend. Fun times.
This discussion has been closed.