Why can't I get past 'Activate New Sim card'

LadyDi214
LadyDi214 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 1 in My Mobile
Hey all😊 I'm new here! Just received my new Fizz SIM card & got to 'activate new sim card' step. Than chose my plan, but my page froze & when I refreshed, I can't get past the. activate new sim card' step now as it says that that sim already belongs to a member (which i take it to mean me). But now I can't get to the 'transfer current #' step
Since I have my own phone, am I supposed to add my new Fizz SIM Card in after it's activated & than I will be prompted to transfer my current phone #?

Thanks in advance🥰

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,085 ✭✭

Hi @LadyDi214

Probably you get a problem during the first run, then the card will be locked to 30 mins

You should try to use the browser in private mode and repeat the procedure

Regarding the transfer your number, remember

• the plan that you want to transfer should be active
    • the phone must have the old SIM on since you will receive an SMS to confirm the transfer

Moreover, do you know about the referral program, you will get 25$ credit at your second payment if you use one on the first plan in one account, you can pick mine which is on my name after code

Here the guide to do the transfer https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz

You can always contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

• TK81
    TK81 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Sign in to your Fizz account from a computer in incognito mode. Go through the same process, but this time, you will get past the Activate Sim Card step. That is what worked for me! Hope that helps you.
  • LadyDi214
    LadyDi214 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    unfortunately, after 30 hrs of multiple failed attempts to port my # over to FIZZ/activate my SIM card, I have chosen to cancel any further attempts and find another provider where taking 2-3 days to have porting issues 'resolved' is not the norm, as this is not acceptable to me. As my SIM card was never activated, my credit card appears to not have been charged (still on a 'pending' status), can someone please confirm my cc will NOT be charged? Thanks in advance.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,368 admin

Hello LadyDi214  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

I verified your account and it appears that a ticket was escalated to address the situation ( related to the transfer request, as the activation code worked eventually ).

Please note that if you try to activate a Sim card , you enter the code but the page refreshes or you close the browser, you must wait 30 minutes for the system to unlock the activation code since it will be locked due to the situation above as shown on point 7 here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activate

Regarding the ticket which was escalated by my colleagues you will be reached back on e-mail as soon as updates will be provided by the technical team.

You can also track the ticket status via My settings - My tickets, to also have a view on its progress.

Have a good one,
    Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.