Basically No Mobile Service in Suburban Ottawa - Half a Bar

Options
Giraffe66
Giraffe66 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited February 2 in My Mobile

I switched to Fizz in November on the advice of my son, who lives in downtown Ottawa, and who has been a client for ~ 7 years. Both my husband and I switched. The Ottawa coverage map shows that my address in suburban Ottawa should have 4 bars of coverage. It barely has one. People call me and cannot hear me at all. Calls drop. It's basically useless. And I was unaware when I switched that Fizz does not have wi-fi calling, which would go a long way too addressing my problem.

I opened a ticket (#269405) on January 17 and the status still says "in progress". I've tried to open a chat session with customer support, and all that happens is that my screen gets darker, but no chat session ever starts.

If this does not get resolved, I am going to have to change carriers because this is unacceptable. I've asked my friends to call me via WhatsApp, but I also have several medical conditions, and often receive phone calls from doctor's offices or the hospital, and unfortunately, they cannot call me via WhatsApp. My husband's 77 year old mother only has a landline and no cell phone, so he can't really talk to her.

Is there an email address that I can use to contact customer support for an update? I really need a working phone.

Best Answer

• Poposlick
    Poposlick Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can try manually switching to the Fizz-EXT carrier.

Answers

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

In that place, Fizz is not very well! Sometimes it's hard to me to get LTE in Gatineau

• Giraffe66
    Options

I'm not familiar with that - how would one go about that? I have a Pixel 8 if that helps.

• Giraffe66
    Options

Wow, that's not good at all! Sounds like maybe Fizz rolled out before everything was technically in line.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

I understand your frustration with the coverage and call quality issues you've been experiencing with Fizz. It's definitely important to have a reliable phone service, especially for important calls like those from doctors or family members.

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

To contact Fizz customer support for an update on your ticket or for further assistance, you can email them at support@joinfizz.com. They should be able to provide you with more information or assistance regarding your ongoing issue.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,533 admin
    Options

Hello Giraffe66,

I just verified the status of your ticket, and I noticed that the technical team is still in contact with the other departments, as they need to verify the situation thoroughly. As soon as we have their final reply, we will reach back to you via email with all the updates. 

If you need to contact us on the live chat and you are experiencing some issues, please try using an incognito window, as it is not affected by cache memory, cookies, browsing history, or any Adblocker you could have installed, that is affecting the chat session, considering it as a pop-up add.

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator. 

This discussion has been closed.