Unable to change plan?

Options
Poposlick
Poposlick Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited February 3 in My Mobile

I am unable to change my mobile plan. I currently have a data-only plan, 15GB, Quebec coverage, for 18$ / month. That same plan is now 17$ / month. When I change my plan, Fizz website indicates that I did not change anything… that’s true EXCEPT for the price. Contacted Customer Service, they tried changing the plan on their end and got same message. Fizz opened a ticket with specialized team. Anybody ever had this and knows a workaround?

P.S. We are many weeks before my new billing period, so the freezing of changes to plan is not the issue. Plus, I do not want to change my GB per month in case it is no longer offered next month.

Best Answer

• Poposlick
    Answer ✓
    Options

Looks like issue was fixed. When I went to change my plan again, I got a message saying "Your plan is now offered at a lower price" and I could just hit the "Update my price" button. AMAZING. Thanks FIzz.

Answers

• Poposlick
    Options

Edit: The exact error message from Fizz website:

There appears to be no change to your plan. If you want to adjust your plan, try again and resubmit.

• Poposlick
    Options

Edit2 (was not posted published):

I asked the question on Fizz sub-reddit. Several users reporting same issue. Tickets were raised with specialized team as well. One user got a response:

You cannot change your mobile plan without change at least one option, and sadly, price is not considered as an option or valid change.

Fizz and/or Whizz: do we all need to file a complaint with the CCTS to change this rule?

Thanks.

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 819 ✭✭
    Options

@Whizz: I checked the Fizz sub-reddit. Several customers have the same error message. Specialized team wrote this to one user: You cannot change your mobile plan without change at least one option, and sadly, price is not considered as a option or valid change… So we cannot change our plan even it's cheaper? If that's the response, there will be many complaints to CCTS.

• redhead
    Options
  • redhead
    Options

According to specialized team: You cannot change your mobile plan without change at least one option, and sadly, price is not considered as a option or valid change…

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭
    edited January 28
    Options

1. Maybe try to change your plan to a different one (with less data for example).

2. Save it.

3. Change your plan back to your desired one.

This way you are changing your plan and it should work.

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

Just wait 3 days and try it again

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

It appears that this is not an uncommon problem among Fizz users. From discussions in the Fizz Community Hub, it seems that other customers have also faced difficulties when trying to modify their plans, particularly when there's a change in pricing.

One critical aspect to remember is that Fizz has a "freeze period" of 108 hours (4.5 days) before the end of your payment cycle during which no changes can be made to your plan. This means that any plan change must be submitted at least 108 hours before the end of your payment cycle to come into effect at the beginning of your next payment cycle. This policy can sometimes create confusion, especially when trying to access promotional deals or adjust your plan close to the billing cycle date.

In situations where there seems to be a bug or an error that prevents plan changes, the best course of action is to contact Fizz’s customer support. If the regular channels (like chat support) aren’t working, you can try reaching out via alternative methods such as Twitter or Facebook Messenger. It's also worth continuously checking the support page for the chat bubble during business hours, as availability can fluctuate based on the number of users seeking help.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a straightforward workaround for this issue, especially if Fizz's customer service is already involved and a ticket has been opened with their specialized team. The most feasible approach is to wait for a resolution from Fizz’s end.

Remember, while these issues can be frustrating, staying patient and keeping in contact with customer service is often the best way to resolve such problems.

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.