How to change region from Ontario to quebec

Options
Dabsi
Dabsi Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in About my account

I recently moved from Ottawa to Gatineau. I updated my address on my account. But for some reason my region still shows Ontario. Does anyone know how to change the region from Ontario to Quebec. I am trying to upgrade my plan but Quebec region deals are not showing up for me. And I think the current deals end today :(

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @Dabsi

This it seems to be a problem with the Fizz interface.

Can you try to use a different browser? Or to use the browser in private mode?

Did you try to force the interface to a different region?

Did you try to put a different address in your account https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-personal-information

Do you have the possibility to try with the VPN?

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• wayne
    wayne Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Dabsi i'm curious were you able to change your region with the suggestions above?

• Dabsi
    Options

No. No luck. Alll I got from the support was this…. Useless

“Really sorry for the situation.

However, I would like to inform you that you are in region Ontario. Meaning that does not see the coverage Quebec option when changing the plan.

You can only change it with the coverage Canada or Canada+USA.”

• Jess_i88b6
    edited December 2023
    Options

Do you have a VPN? If you have it, and you can have an IP in Quebec you can try with that. Or with an IP outside Canada.

• Dabsi
    Options

But I am in Quebec. Well live in Quebec and work in Ontario. I think it is tied to my account when it was initially created. Under my plan —> manage I have : Coverage - Quebec and Region - ON. I have another account in the same household that works fine and the info for that plan is Coverage - Quebec and Region - QC. The only difference between the accounts is one was created in when I lived in Ontario and the second was created after I moved to Quebec. It does not look like fizz can change that info for me on my account. I guess I will have to cancel my plan and create a new one. But no hurry at this point since the deal I wanted is gone.

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

This is a silly limitation but probably linked with the area code associated with your number?

• RowanA
    RowanA Posts: 4
    Options
    No. No luck.
  • RowanA
    RowanA Posts: 4
    Options
    Support was no help. All I got was this…. Useless. I am out of luck…

“Really sorry for the situation.

However, I would like to inform you that you are in region Ontario. Meaning that does not see the coverage Quebec option when changing the plan.

You can only change it with the coverage Canada or Canada+USA.”
  • wayne
    wayne Posts: 244 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the update. It does seem a bit strange that the region change is not picked up by the system automatically.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,321 admin
    Options

Hello Dabsi  ,

The reason why you are not offered the Quebec region, even if you changed your adress is due to the fact that your mobile`s number region indicator is for Ontario/ Ottawa.

That means that if you try to change your number also, you`ll still be offered numbers for that specific region ( not Quebec region ).

The best option ( if you want to do that ) is to just open a new plan on the account as Quebec numbers should be offered if you decide to get a random one.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.