New here with a question.

trapa
trapa Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

Hello to all.

We just hooked up our modem for the 1st time and unfortunately it has not been a good experience. We teach online and we lost the connection during our teaching session which is never ever a good thing. We signed up for the 400 mb service and after multiple speed test and with different sites, we are not getting more than 92 mb. The wif i is coverage is not good within the same floor. We're hoping these are issues that can be resolved but to face them from the get go is disheartening. Is this a normal thing here? Does service drop unexpectedly often?

Thank you for your input in advance.

John

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello trapa,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    Please, contact us in private in order to help you with this situation. We will need to do some troubleshooting steps and get more details on the issue in order to help you with this.
    In regards to the wifi signal, the better speed that is provided by the 5Ghz network is available mostly in the room with the modem. In the other rooms, you will be connected on the 2.4ghz network, which is slower by default, however it provides a better coverage.
    Now, given that you have online classes, the 2.4ghz network is not very good for you and you have to be connected on the 5Ghz. 
    I recommend that you either connect your computer in the same room as the modem or connect it with an ethernet cable. The cabled connection is recommended for this kind of work ( that uses video streaming). 

Here you can find some troubleshooting steps: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen  

Answers

This discussion has been closed.