Modem setup not working

christinat
christinat Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

Hello, I received my modem this morning and haven’t been able to connect to wifi yet. I think I may have been connected briefly - I was able to change the name or my wifi network and reset the password, but other than that I have not connected. So far I have tried rebooting, unplugging the power source, and unplugging the coaxial cable. The green power symbol remains lit, the up/down arrows are lit up green, and the @ symbol flashes green. It goes through a cycle of lighting each of these four symbols up, and then a few blue symbols will flash once and turn off. I have tried sending Fizz a direct message but haven’t heard anything yet. Hoping someone can help me here, thank you!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello christinat,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you have an appointment scheduled  in order to fix the issue,  on the 18th of may.
    Please make sure that someone over 18 years old is present at the time of the appointment.
    Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good one!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

@christinat Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

How do I set up my Wi-Fi modem?

Connect the coaxial cable

Connect the power cord

Make sure your modem is ready

Write down your modem’s info

Configure your modem

Activate your modem (if applicable*)

Download the Fizz Wi-Fi app

Starter Kit

The box contains the following items:

• The Wi-Fi modem (CODA-4680)
    • A coaxial cable
    • A power cord
    • An ethernet cable

The ethernet cable is included in the box with your modem, but it is not required to set up your Wi-Fi network.

Connect the coaxial cable
    1. The coaxial cable must be properly screwed in on both ends.
    Connect the power cord
    1. The power cord must be properly connected to the Wi-Fi modem and wall outlet (avoid using a power strip).  
    1. IMPORTANT: Once it’s plugged in, your Wi-Fi modem will make its first system update, and may need to reboot after roughly 15 minutes.
    Make sure your modem is ready
    1. A series of lights will appear on your modem. Make sure they match this image.
    Write down your modem’s info
    1. Locate the network name (Default Wi-Fi Network) and password (Default Key) printed on the back of your Wi-Fi modem. Make sure not to confuse similar characters such as O and 0, as well as I and 1.
    1. Before proceeding to the next step, check the available networks on a Wi-Fi-enabled device like a mobile phone and check that the FIZZ network name as indicated on your modem appears in the list of available networks. This may take a few minutes.
    Configure your modem
    1. Select the name of your Wi-Fi network from the list of networks available to your Wi-Fi enabled device and enter the password. Your Web browser will open*. You will be redirected to the "Easy Connect" interface. Follow the on-screen steps. *You may need to open your Web browser manually. 
    2. To change the name of your network: 
    • Open your browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. 
    • Use these credentials to connect: 
    1. Username: cusadmin 
    2. Password: password 
    • Change the name of your network.  
    1. *Why not take this opportunity to choose a new password in the Admin tab? This way, the administrative page of your modem will be adequately secured. Or else, the password will remain... password.  
    1. You prefer using your own Wi-Fi router? 
    2. Click here to see how 
    4. Can’t seem to find your Fizz network? 
    • Take a network cable to connect directly to your Fizz Wi-Fi modem. 
    • Open your Internet browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.  
    • Use these credentials to log in: 
    • Username: cusadmin 
    • Password: password 
    • In the Wireless tab, under the 2.4g and 5g tab, activate the option “ Wireless Enabled ”. 
    Activate your modem (if applicable*)
    • You should see a tile with your order details in the Overview section. If not, go to My settings ­>­­ Order history.  
    • Activate your modem. It will then switch to the speed associated with your plan.  
    2. *If an installation appointment with a technician was scheduled with your Home Internet order, this step does NOT apply to you. 
    Download the Fizz Wi-Fi app
    1. This handy app lets you schedule pauses, manage access and more.
    2. Download it for free:
    1. To log in, use the following credentials:
    • Username: cusadmin
    • Password: (enter the new password you chose)
    2. There you go! Your network is now ready.

Read more :

• christinat

Thank you Sébastien, I have tried that already multiple times and sadly nothing changes.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1

have lights to turn on which color and how many of each color

• christinat

The green power symbol remains lit, the up/down arrows are lit up green, and the @ symbol flashes green. Four total lights are on and they are all green. It goes through a cycle of lighting each of these four symbols up, and then a few blue symbols will flash once and turn off.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1

it is supposed to have two blue lights it is two blue indicates that the internet is functional

contact the support for who checks if the internet is still functional green bubble at the bottom right

https://fizz.ca/en/support

• christinat

Thanks Sébastien, I have been trying to contact support. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. Thank you for trying to help.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,617 ✭✭

Support sometimes need some time to solve issue, but they will solve them in the end... let us know how it goes

This discussion has been closed.