Can't find my wifi

Someone
Someone Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

My power went out momentarily. Everything came back on, the lights on my modem are all great but I can't find my wifi in the list on either my PC or android to connect to. I have rebooted all the devices including the modem...the lights are all back to normal and still nothing. Anyone had this before?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Someone,

Sorry about the situation encountered!

I can see that you've managed to resolve it, as you have also contacted us in private and everything appears to be working with the Wi-Fi connection.

In case the situation still persists or you encounter any other issues, please, reach out to us again on any of our private communication channels directly so we can help you right away.

We remain at your disposal,

Have a good day!

-Ionut

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

Try to turn off the modem for a minute

when you turn on wait at least 5 minutes

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

If it does not solve the problem

try to reset the modem

Reset your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    3. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    4. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
    6. Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭

My device cannot connect to Wi-Fi. How do I fix this?

Make sure your Fizz Home Internet plan has been activated

Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network

Restart your Wi-Fi modem

Make sure the issue is not caused by a recent change

Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings

1. Make sure your Fizz Home Internet plan has been activated
    2. To verify that your plan has been activated:
    3. > Log into your account and go to My plans.
    5. Even if your plan hasn’t been activated, your Wi-Fi modem may be broadcasting but you will not be able to access the internet.
    6. Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network
    7. The default username and corresponding password for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem (Default Wi-Fi network and Default key).
    9. The process for reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network may vary from one device to another. Here are two examples:
    10. Laptop: Settings → Network and internet → Wi-Fi
    11. Smartphone: Settings → Connections → Wi-Fi
    13. You may need to completely disconnect your device from the Wi-Fi network using Forget this network. Follow the same steps above to access this option.
    14. If the Wi-Fi modem's band-steering function is disabled, select the 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency band (if the device allows it).
    15. Restart your Wi-Fi modem

17. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    18. Once it's unplugged, make sure all the lights on the modem turn off.
    19. Wait ten (10) seconds.
    20. Plug your modem back in. Expect a three (3) minute delay for your devices to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
    22. It is more effective to restart your Wi-Fi modem by unplugging its power cable instead of pressing its power button.
    23. Make sure the issue is not caused by a recent change
    24. See if the malfunctioning Wi-Fi network is caused by one of the two (2) types of following changes.
    25. A change to your Wi-Fi modem’s settings:
    • Changes to the password, network name, etc.
    • Changes to the channel, ports, IP parameters, DHCP, etc.
    • Changed parental controls, encryption, etc.
    2. A change to your home:
    • Changes to your outlet configuration
    • New heated floors, bricks, aluminum, etc.
    • New wireless devices, surveillance cameras, etc.
    • New furniture, mirrors, etc.
    2. Restoring your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings may be an easy way to resolve this issue.
    3. Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    4. This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    6. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    7. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

sourse https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-device-cannot-connect-wi-fi-how-do-i-fix

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

Did you find it?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,584 ✭✭

Try following @Jess_i88b6 and @Sébastien code ZXEL1 suggestions. If it doesn't fix the issue, contact the customer support!

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭

I second that!

• sman
    sman Posts: 4,217 ✭✭

Any news? The wifi is visible now? Did you modify the configuration in order to hide it?

This discussion has been closed.