LTE is problematic

MarcCiminelli
MarcCiminelli Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Internet

hello. All day I’ve been having issues with LTE and cannot use my phone other than wifi if I’m at home

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello MarcCiminelli,

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    Following the verifications in your account it appears that currently all of your data was used.
    You can also verify the daily usage from your Fizz account by going at: My plans -> Usage -> Daily usage.
    For more information you can also verify this FAQ: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-view-my-usage .You can also verify in the phone settings the usage, and in case your phone usage was reset close to the date when your new cycle started, you can compare the results to make sure everything is good.

In case you see any differences, you can contact us anytime in private and we can do further verifications there.
    I am counting on your understanding and I wish you a great day,

-Georgian

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @MarcCiminelli

For me is working without problem

Did you swap your SIM recently?

Did you try to reboot the phone? Or put the SIM in another phone?

These are suggestion from the Fizz's guide

Is the coverage adequate?

Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.

See our network coverage map

The Fizz mobile network, like the vast majority of mobile service providers in Canada, is broadcast from fixed antennas on the ground.

It’s normal that the signal will be affected in some places by natural and artificial obstacles.

Artificial obstacles may include:

• Concrete
    • Steel
    • Aluminum
    1. Natural obstacles may include:
    • Mountains
    • Valleys
    • Forests
    Restart your phone

If the network signal is weak, your phone may be connected to an antenna that is not in an optimal location for you to access the network.

Reboot (power cycle) your phone by holding down the phone’s start button for 10 seconds.

Following your reboot, your applications will load. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network and potentially recover its authorization to access the network.

Is the Fizz network chosen?

Make sure your phone is configured to automatically select the Fizz mobile network.

IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.

The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

1. Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    2. iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
    3. Note: If the Fizz network is not optimal where you are, you may try to temporarily connect to our wider area network.

How to access the Fizz wider area network

The position and distance of our partners’ antennas may differ from ours — your mobile experience may improve at locations that are problematic for the Fizz network.

Reset your phone’s network settings

IMPORTANT: This operation will also reset your WiFi settings, mobile data, Bluetooth, etc.

The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of device. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → General management → Reset → Reset network settings

iPhone: Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-mobile-network-coverage-is-weak-or-inaccessible

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

here its march can be contacted the support

have you changed anything lately

sometimes just a restart solves its small problems

This discussion has been closed.