I want to activate a new SIM card for a number that was blocked

Rodney
Rodney Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in My Mobile

I want to activate a new SIM card for a number that was blocked because the phone was stolen 

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Rodney,

Sorry to hear that you had issues reaching our colleagues on Live chat.

On a quick inspection of your Fizz account, I saw that you manage to have someone chat with you and you also changed your Sim card.

Be sure that you always reach the customer service to help in this case, and read the details found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/found-mobile if you are ever to loose the phone or sim card again ( hopefully it won`t happen ever again ) :D

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @Rodney

Therefore, you need to contact the support, since you need to replace the SIM, for sure the will ask a copy of your credit card associated with your account (you can delete the middle numbers) and a document to validate that you are the owner of the account. In order to protect you.

After you have aquired your SIM card, please communicate with us via the chat bubble, to finalize the activation of your SIM card: Activate your new SIM card

Here the guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/found-mobile

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Rodney
    Rodney Posts: 8 ✭✭

Thanks for your answer. Nobody answered in the chat

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

@Rodney

Sometime can happen, you should try a bit later, they are open 24h. In the chat did you try to write replace SIM card, or card lost

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭

Type "Connect to Customer service representative" and the Bot will transfer you to a live agent.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

What do I do if my phone or SIM card is stolen?

Block your SIM card.

Block your phone.

Report the lost of your iCloud (Apple) or Google (Android) account.

Declare the loss or theft of your phone to your insurer.

Replace your phone.

To prevent identity theft or any fraudulent use, you must absolutely block your SIM card (access to your plan and phone number) and your phone.  

To do so, log into your Fizz account. Under My phones you’ll see an option to report your phone as lost/stolen. 

But before doing that, did you think about using the function to locate your phone? 

How to find an iPhone phone (iCloud account) 

How to find an Android phone (Google account) 

1. Block your SIM card.
    2. Blocking a SIM card allows to block any fraudulent use of your plan, as well as access to your phone number. The block is effective immediately. You’ll nonetheless be able to access your voicemail from another phone. See how 
    4. When your SIM card is blocked, your mobile plan remains active. 
    5. - Best is for you to activate a new SIM card as soon as possible (with another phone if yours is also lost/stolen). 
    6. - You may also unsubscribe from your mobile plan. This would come into effect at the end of your payment cycle. 
    8. If you find your SIM card, you can unblock it by going back into your account. 
    10. Block your phone.
    11. Blocking a phone puts it on the National Stolen Device Blacklist. Fizz contributes to maintaining this blacklist in an effort to reduce the number of mobile device thefts. When a device is registered in this registry, its access to the networks of participating wireless service providers is blocked. 
    12. To block your phone, you’ll need its IMEI. That number is written on the original packaging, as well as in the documentation included at the time of purchase. 
    13. Know that only the last phone used on our network with your Fizz plan can be put on the blacklist and be blocked by Fizz. 
    15. Blocking your phone does not block your SIM card (access to your plan and phone number). If your SIM card is also lost/stolen (which, let’s face it, is highly probable), you must block it as well via your account. 
    17. If you find your phone: 
    • Expect a 48-hour delay (once you unblock it via your Fizz account) before being able to use it again. This delay is necessary for your phone to be removed from the National Stolen Device Blacklist. In the meantime, you can use your SIM card with another phone. 
    • Only a phone blocked via Fizz can be unblocked via Fizz. 
    2. Report the lost of your iCloud (Apple) or Google (Android) account.
    3. By reporting your phone lost/stolen in your iCloud (Apple) or Google (Android) account, the data that’s on your phone and associated with your account cannot be used. 
    4. You’ll also have the opportunity to access your data (contacts, photos, notes, etc.) or even erase them from your phone from a distance.
    5. How to find an iPhone phone (iCloud account) 
    6. How to find an Android phone (Google account) 
    8. Declare the loss or theft of your phone to your insurer.
    9. If your phone is insured, you can declare the theft to your local police station and send the report to your insurer. Check your insurance policy, however, to make sure you follow the correct procedure. 
    11. Replace your phone.
    12. Fizz sells new and Preloved phones that suit every taste and every budget.
    13. Shop for a phone
    15. If you buy a phone from an individual and want to know whether it’s on the National Stolen Device Blacklist, ask the seller for the IMEI and check on the site DeviceCheckCanada.ca: 
    16. https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/
    18. To use Fizz again: 
    3. If you find your phone: 
    • Expect a 48-hour delay (once you unblock it via your Fizz account) before being able to use it again. This delay is necessary for your phone to be removed from the National Stolen Device Blacklist. In the meantime, you can use your SIM card with another phone. 
    • Only a phone blocked via Fizz can be unblocked via Fizz. 
    • You can unblock your original SIM card via your Fizz account. 

This discussion has been closed.