New phone... who dis?

Sara G. #26059
Sara G. #26059 Posts: 25 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have a LG K41S phone and it is not working out for me. I do not have enough internal storage, the pictures are meh at best and it is soooo slow....

So, for all of those very legitimate reasons, I want to change my phone. Do you guys have any recommendations for me. I don't have an amazing budget though so I would like to know the best phone I can get for around 500$.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hi @Sara G. #26059

Samsung has very good phone for a reasonable price.

Check here https://fizz.ca/en/plp, Fizz has a good selection, new and also used phones, sometimes they have rebates associated with them.

• Sara G. #26059
    Sara G. #26059 Posts: 25 ✭✭

Thanks. I'll look it up. Do you have any model in particular that you could recommend @Jessy_ref_i88b6 ?

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭

For example an A53

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,531 ✭✭

Hello @Sara G. #26059,

If you plan to stay with Fizz for at least 24 months you should give a look at their discounted phones. You have an instant rebate that makes some phones very convenient. You can also pay some of them in just 4 instalments with paybright or month by month with your plan.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,355 ✭✭

I agree with you

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hello there Sara G. #26059 

As FizzyFizz JQMPM  mentioned, we also phones at a discounted price which you purchase. However, there is a bit more to it than just the discount. 
    As Fizzy mentioned, the 24 months period is a term that we use for this discounted devices. You will also need a plan with us that will be active during the 24 month period so that you won't have to pay the phone in full price. 
    If you leave during this period, you will have to pay for at most a portion of this discount back.

The way to calculate this and get more information is here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

I would recommend to have a look at the FAQ since it will help you decide if you'd like a discounted phone and how much of the discount you'd like. 

Have a good one!
    -Paul 🖖

• Chickencoop
    Chickencoop Posts: 60 ✭✭

It depends on what you're looking for because you can pay more for camera quality, space, having two sim cards, warranty, and customer service. I have found that website such as consumer reports are good to test the products