Is there a way to get logs of my modem

Options
Ajaykumar
Ajaykumar Posts: 85 ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Internet

To know when there was an issue with my connection is ther any logs in the moden I can check. There were some instance when I work up in the morning to find out my wifi was not working

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,096 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Ajaykumar,

Thank you for being part of the Fizz community!
    As some members already informed you, from the 192.168.0.1 interface you can verify the usage since the last factory reset applied on the modem. Currently a more advanced verification isn't available on the Fizz modem, however with a personal router this information may be provided.

I will let this thread opened so other members can reply to you. In case some of you guys have a personal router which offers the information required by Ajaykumar  , please let him know :)

Have a great day,
    -Georgian

Answers

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,442 ✭✭
    Options
  • Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭
    Options

Skip to main content

Main navigation

SL

QC | EN

My device cannot connect to Wi-Fi. How do I fix this?

Make sure your Fizz Home Internet plan has been activated

Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network

Restart your Wi-Fi modem

Make sure the issue is not caused by a recent change

Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings

Make sure your Fizz Home Internet plan has been activated
    1. To verify that your plan has been activated:
    2. > Log into your account and go to My plans.
    4. Even if your plan hasn’t been activated, your Wi-Fi modem may be broadcasting but you will not be able to access the internet.
    Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network
    1. The default username and corresponding password for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem (Default Wi-Fi network and Default key).
    3. The process for reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network may vary from one device to another. Here are two examples:
    4. Laptop: Settings → Network and internet → Wi-Fi
    5. Smartphone: Settings → Connections → Wi-Fi
    7. You may need to completely disconnect your device from the Wi-Fi network using Forget this network. Follow the same steps above to access this option.
    8. If the Wi-Fi modem's band-steering function is disabled, select the 5GHz Wi-Fi frequency band (if the device allows it).
    Restart your Wi-Fi modem
    2. Unplug the power cable on your Wi-Fi modem.
    3. Once it's unplugged, make sure all the lights on the modem turn off.
    4. Wait ten (10) seconds.
    5. Plug your modem back in. Expect a three (3) minute delay for your devices to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
    7. It is more effective to restart your Wi-Fi modem by unplugging its power cable instead of pressing its power button.
    Make sure the issue is not caused by a recent change
    1. See if the malfunctioning Wi-Fi network is caused by one of the two (2) types of following changes.
    2. A change to your Wi-Fi modem’s settings:
    • Changes to the password, network name, etc.
    • Changes to the channel, ports, IP parameters, DHCP, etc.
    • Changed parental controls, encryption, etc.
    2. A change to your home:
    • Changes to your outlet configuration
    • New heated floors, bricks, aluminum, etc.
    • New wireless devices, surveillance cameras, etc.
    • New furniture, mirrors, etc.
    2. Restoring your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings may be an easy way to resolve this issue.
    Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    1. This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    3. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    4. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
    6. The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Internet Home Internet Technical issues Network Coverage

Chat Bubble

https://fizz.ca/themes/bookmark_2018/images/bubble-icon.svg There was an error displaying this embed.

https://fizz.ca/themes/bookmark_2018/images/close.png There was an error displaying this embed.

Footer main navigation

Mobile

Internet

Phones

Why Fizz?

Help

Terms & Conditions Privacy My Rewards Wireless Code Accessibility Internet Code

© Fizz 2023

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ajaykumar

I am using my personal router which give me a lot of information and possibility

I never saw that kind of information on the fizz's modem, but you can check yourself

• Open an Internet browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
    • Identify yourself using the following login information:
      • Username: cusadmin
      • Password: **enter your Wi-Fi password**

And navigate throw the menus

When you say that Wifi doesn't work, do you mean you don't have the wifi signal or you cannot navigate?

If you don't have the wifi signal, do you schedule to turn off?

If you are experiencing internet problems with Fizz, here are some suggestions to try and troubleshoot the issue:

• Restart your modem and router: Sometimes simply unplugging your modem and router for a few minutes and then plugging them back in can fix connectivity issues.
    • Try to turn off the modem, unscrew the coaxial cable, wait 5 minutes, screw back the coaxial cable and power on.
    • Check for service outages: Check Fizz's website or social media channels to see if there are any known service outages in your area. https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Check your cables and connections: Make sure all cables are securely connected and not damaged. Replace any damaged cables.
    • Check your devices: Ensure that all of your devices are connected to the correct Wi-Fi network and that they are functioning properly.
    • Reset your network settings: Try resetting your network settings on your devices and reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network.
    • Contact Fizz support: If the above suggestions do not solve the problem, contact Fizz support for further assistance.

Here some useful guide: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-device-cannot-connect-wi-fi-how-do-i-fix

Maybe there are works or an issue in your area, I suggest you to contact Fizz support team directly to verify.

I don't know if the support can check this for you

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ajaykumar

Following the indication of the Whizz (Georgian) I am using an Asus router, the RT-AX68U, which gives me this kind of information.

• Derr
    Options

Hope that we could be of any help @Ajaykumar

• Telephono
    Telephono Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Options

This is good to know.

• Derr
    Options

Yes absolutely